Advice on Ear Surgery?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Eric Fridley, Jan 30, 2017.

1. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      Its not a stupid idea at all. There are many posts about this around the place. The trouble with Botox is in the delivery: The stapedius muscle is too small to inject, but I think the TT can be injected. Getting in involves opening the eardrum, which is a potential cause of even more H/T and/or infection, and there is the added risk of botox infiltrating surrounding tissues, including essential muscles and nerves of the face. Problems to be sure, but in principle the idea could have enormous application if these issues could be addressed. Medicine has addressed many issues of this kind before involving other body systems, when there was a will to do so....keywords: "will to do so". For middle ear surgery, Botox as a pre-test would be a near-perfect diagnostic tool.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eric Fridley

Eric Fridley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      so u think this lidocaine injection will take away the fluttering vibration whenever I randomly swallow or yawn? I read up on it and it says it's for heart rythm problems. Kinda weird cause I got no symptoms of other people with ttts no hypercauses I'm not sensitive to sounds people said there ear flutters with sound mine just randomly wants to go off when I'm swallowing or yawning but I'll talk to my gp but he already said he never heard anything about ear fluttering spasm and I said everything on tinnitus forum about magnesium muscle relaxers guess what he says "that's just google talk" seriously? I really don't like my gp he is gonna put me on lorazepam for my anxiety and nortriptalie for my depression witch I don't mind cause I really need to get some sleep over the past week I mabye slept for 5-6 hrs at the most I keep waking up all ghittery and my heart is pounding and I know that is a anxiety attack it's just really putting me off

3. Cal18
      Nerdy

Cal18 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2010 / 2016 Both SSRI Withdrawal and Mild Hearing Loss
      @Eric Fridley I tried to find the reference for you but I couldn't locate it. I have no idea what it would do specifically for you but I know it's invasive than cutting the muscle if you want to talk to your doctor about it. It might be a place to start. I also read that someone got a botox injection in the roof of their mouth to fix the issue but it caused ETD so I would be very cautious of that method - as you should be with all methods, I've never realized how delicate our ears are until now.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eric Fridley

Eric Fridley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      Dang I really hope it will work cause this is so annoying to live with but idk if the emergency room in Tucson Arizona will do it will they? Is it just IV or do they gotta inject the ear? and I only have Medicare they don't cover Botox so even if that was the last option I would not be able to cover the cost u don't think muscle relaxer flixeril will do anything? I still need to try other stuff cause I don't feel or hear it when I'm laying on the pills with my ear in the pillo so I'll prob try ear plugs or something or even a masker if I have to that's why I was trying to get information from other people to see what they do to help with theirs right now I'm taking magnesium once per day don't think it's working tho. And mabye the benzo and nortriptaline will help me somewhat cause it's prob gonna get me high :) but yea sry for all the babbling that's all I do. And thanks for replying I was anxiety this morning it's calming down since I read what u said is this what u meant? http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=115674.0 It's just there saying it's from benzo withdrawal and I have only taken mabye 2-3 lorazepam I had left to help me sleep And one more thing I can clinch my teeth and cause the fluttering and I do have tmj so still need to look into that too

5. Cal18
      Nerdy

Cal18 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Eric Fridley I think that's just part of what I read on benzo buddies but I believe a couple people did it. I think it needs to be injected by a licensed ENT. I don't think an emergency room can do this. Just be careful with the benzos. You should skip at least 2 days in between taking them unless you are going to start a daily regmin where you take the same dose every day (not recommended) but if you go this route, you need to taper off VERY slowly when you're ready or you WILL worsen your condition. Maybe start with the Nortriptaline first and see if you can do without the benzo unless it's for occasional use only.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eric Fridley

Eric Fridley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      It will make the fluttering and spasms allot worse? Cause when I got tinnitus it was a daily thing that helped then I just slowly got off them

7. Cal18
      Nerdy

Cal18 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Whatever works for you - this was just my experience with them. Only took a very small dose for two weeks then stopped. That's when I got my horrific T with the ear pain and everything else.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eric Fridley

Eric Fridley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      Hmmm
      hmmm so it mite give me tinnitus in my right ear? That would suck and my right ear does like a thumping every morning but I fix that with a couple sprays of Flonase sucks it won't work for my other ear about to go drink some beers tho and listen to music and play some game on my iPhone to get my mind of things etd hope the lidocaine injection works it's only best to at least try

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eric Fridley

Eric Fridley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      And one more thing the only thing causing me anxiety and panic attacks is at night time when I'm trying to sleep it sucks so much is there something I can do about this cause when night comes I don't even want to goto bed cause I know I'm gonna have a stupid panic attack is there mabye a good brand of sleeping pills? Cause the worse thing right now is I have only gotten 6-7 hrs of sleep in the past week I get these weird dreams wake up and ghittery and just can't go back to bed really need help with that

10. Cal18
      Nerdy

Cal18 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You can probably try an occasional benzo for that. Once you start taking the Nortriptyline, that should start giving you a better sense of well being.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eric Fridley

Eric Fridley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      Thank you for your answers!!!

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eric Fridley

Eric Fridley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      God it's so good in the morning but after swallowing so much and it coming for the whole day u get tired of it that's for sure trying to train my brain to ignore cause that's the only thing we can do right I'm seeing a ent in 2 weeks for the lidocaine injection I will report what happens

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eric Fridley

Eric Fridley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      So like every night my anxiety is here and my heart is pounding idk why this is happening it's not like I'm trying to get panic attacks just happens at night time now I have 1mg of lorazepam should I cut it in half cause I took one before but still woke up about 2-3:00 with anxiety and panic attack uhh I just want a good night sleep gonna take 2 Benadryl mabye mite knock me out who knows

14. dgray

dgray Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, High Frequency Hearing Loss
      hi eric, I would be careful with the benzos. They will make an addiction issue. You do not want that

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eric Fridley

Eric Fridley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      It's the only thing that helps and I have only taken 3-4 in the past 2 weeks

16. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Keep the dosing down as much as you think you can, then you should have less of an issue with developing a dependency, and less of an issue with tolerance/resistance, which is where you start needing higher doses to get the same effect as your body becomes over-accustomed to the drug. Also, if you have a competent GP, work with him/her while you are using benzos.

• Like Like x 1
    17. dgray

dgray Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, High Frequency Hearing Loss
    18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eric Fridley

Eric Fridley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      I got the night sleep in weeks slept for 8-9 hrs never woke up it was nice and does someone know where I can get earplugs or ones that work cause when it does come on with a random swallow I stick my finger in my ear for 20-30 sec and can't hear it and it goes away I really do hope this lidocaine helps if it helps other people with the same thing I have then it should work I just feel sry for people that have this 24/7 at most I can go without it up to a hr and it's at least a relief but just like @Cal18 said is only a couple people tried and worked can't find it anywhere else or good information and then I have to find the right neurologist that even knows anything about this stuff

19. Cal18
      Nerdy

Cal18 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Eric Fridley I remember reading it in passing (I am not an expert on this, I just remembered reading it somewhere) but I also read that it can rev up the nervous system. You would really need to speak to an ENT about this as it may or may not be the right treatment for you.

20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eric Fridley

Eric Fridley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      Damn really why u gotta put me down but anyways heard if u don't show emotion to the thumping vibration it will magically go away so idk anymore there is no treatment or cure so I guess live with it? Mabye when I'm 80-90 years old I can finally cure it even tho I'll be old and I won't even want to anymore here comes the worst life living ever only get 1 life and this is what we have to go through if nothing I can try to fix my tmj cause I guess that can cause the ear muscle to spasm out

21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eric Fridley

Eric Fridley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      So I do mabye think I have bad etd cause every morning I use Flonase I can get the vibration noise to stop I did the nose trick to get the medicine in my ear and my left ear went muffled kinda scared me then I just yawned and it went back to normal never heard anyone that has this without hyperacusis it doesn't trigger with noise at all only when I randomly swallow or yawn going to see my gp in another 2-3 weeks then seeing a neurologist and mabye a maxifacial or whatever to see if he can correct my tmj

22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eric Fridley

Eric Fridley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      So I mite know what's going on my jaw is inflamed my mom gave me 2 ibuprofens and the fluttering went away for 2 hrs I got it again a couple times but that's all could be my jaw that's Causing all my problems And a muscle relaxer mite actually make it go away

23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eric Fridley

Eric Fridley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      So I keep hearing doctors say if the fluttering comes on with a yawn or whatever they say your could have the C1 and C2 vertebrae out of alignment

24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eric Fridley

Eric Fridley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      And today I just got sick or allergies keep sneezing runny nose my whole family was sick so now they got me sick both my ears feel full and now I can't pop both of them but I can barely feel or hear the fluttering witch is good I guess been taking antihistamines this is getting annoying tho mabye my allergies started this whole thing

25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eric Fridley

Eric Fridley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      So I just did the nose trick to get Flonase up into my etd and my left ear popped making a screeching noise and now it feels full and can't hear much out of it did I just mess up my ear more? Everything sounds muffled now :(

26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eric Fridley

Eric Fridley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      Got crackling in my left ear too does this happen after a cold?

27. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Your ear should be fine. That's what it usually feels like when you do the Eustachian washout, for a while anyway. You may find you have fluid run out your nose too as there is a normal communication between the nasal cavity and the E-tube. I used to do this a lot, and I learned never to do it at night when I wanted to sleep. The cold will complicate things a bit. Try not to get too stressed about every sensation. The screeching is the sound of fluid on the move in the E tube when you pop your ears after rinsing. It means you got it in there.

• Like Like x 1
    28. fhs
      Fine

fhs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gun range
      Your ears shouldn't be popping during a cold. It's usually a good thing as it prevents viruses/bacteria from going into the ear through the Eustachian tubes. Trying to crack the ears too much isn't good for the eardrums and may cause Eustachian tube inflammation. I would avoid getting any medicine in the middle ear that's not intended to be there. Flonase in the ear is a big no no. I think on the flonase package it says to point it at an angle so it doesn't go in the nose that much.

You can always go to a doctor or buy one of those otoscopes and have someone look into the ear for signs of fluid/redness for a middle ear infection. As for inner ear infection just look out for symptoms of vertigo, fullness, etc. Basically report any symptoms to your doctor.

29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eric Fridley

Eric Fridley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      So woke up this morning left ear still full but not like it was but now both my ears are crackling when I swallow is my etd inflamed? And what can I take to help it and should I still take Flonase or no? This all happened after I got a cold from my mom cause she had bad sinus infection my nose don't hurt but when 1 side unclog the other side clogs up and most the day I'm breathing out of 1 nostril

30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Eric Fridley

Eric Fridley Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      and I don't have a appointment till the 22nd so it's gonna be along time before I can get someone to check but hopefully I can drain the fluid or whatever in my ears cause now there crackling every time I swallow