After Listening to a Podcast and Feeling Pain in My Right Ear, My Tinnitus Significantly Reduced

Discussion in 'Support' started by newbieT, Jul 31, 2017.

1. newbieT

newbieT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Last Thursday, my tinnitus was ringing as usual and it was somewhat annoying me, so I decided to listen to some podcast. About an hour into it, I felt a pain in my right ear. Not very painful, but like if you stuck a Qtip too far feeling. The pain went away in a second or two. I immediately pulled out the right earbud, but continued to listen with the left earbud in.

This right ear pain came again a few minute later and kept coming every few minutes over the next hour or so. At this point I'm getting worried and started googling the symptoms. It basically could be almost anything according to google.

I was so occupied with this new ear problem that I didn't really pay attention to my tinnitus. At some point the pain stopped after lunch and I realize my tinnitus was gone as well.

So I had my tinnitus for 4 months now after going to a loud club and my tinnitus is usually around 3/10 in loudness and I can hear it above a conversation if i listen for it. And it normally fluctuates quite a bit. Since that incident, I can barely hear it at all , and only really hear it when my head is pressed against a pillow. So from 3/10 to a 0.5 or 1/10.

I am pretty confused as to what happened. But in a really happy way. Is it possible my Eustachian tube was plugged and it somehow cleared? I did try steroid nasal spray a month ago and it did nothing. anyone exp anything similar?

I'm trying to not get my hopes up too much, since with tinnitus you never know when it can go south. but hopefully this new silence stays. I'll report back in the future if there's any further changes

• Like Like x 1
    2. flobo

flobo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      25-30 minutes of first ever concert
      @newbieT
      Amazingly, same thing happened to me at noon today (from hearing a pressure cooker) .
      Sharp pain that made me reach to my ear, and kept repeating every few minutes.

T wasn't fully gone, but it was hard to pinpoint and find.

Sadly, it went back within 4 hours and even spiked this evening (but i did get 2 more quick sharp pain 2 hours ago so stuff may still be happening inside my ear).

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      newbieT

newbieT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Something is def going on in our ears. I didn't have the volume very high at all so I doubt it's noise exposure. The pain hasn't come back for me. Although if it does come back and rid of the remaining tinnitus I will welcome it with open arms.