Air Abrasion Dental Work

Discussion in 'Support' started by demi, Feb 4, 2014.

1. demi
      No Mood

demi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2012
      Has anyone has this done and has it spiked your T?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      I had a filling and a wisdom tooth extraction both in the last couple months. That's a lot of noise. I didn't have a negative effect.

3. object16
      Magical

object16 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      overuse of hearing protection, plus noise
      Hi, the ATA says the air abrasion is almost silent. I quit my regular dentist, because by luck, I read about it on this forum, and they gave the ATA link. Then I phoned around my small town here, and by some miracle, there is a dentist that has the air abrasion. when it first came out it was very expensive, so they used the cheap and noisy drill. at this point, I would rather have an extraction than drilling, so I was real lucky I had a dentist that does this in my town.

Air abrasion is perfect for a tinnitus patient, but get your teeth check very regularly and brush, because it will not work if the cavity is too big.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      demi
      No Mood

demi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2012
      @object16 so how did the air abrasion go? no side effects?

5. Vicky Russell

Vicky Russell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/12/1998
      I had my air abrasion last year during my summer vacation in Mexico with a help of a dental tourism ( PlacidWay ) , it's more cheaper than at home. But air abrasion can only be used for small cavities, it cannot be used to remove large cavities. Don't worry it's a safe procedure, there is no side effect. The procedure doesn’t generate any heat, pressure as well as sound which is really good for us.

• Agree Agree x 1