Alarm-Pattern Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by JSalvatore, Jul 13, 2016.

1. JSalvatore
      Studious

JSalvatore Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      The last few weeks I've been experiencing a strange tinnitus, it's like an alarm (very high pitched) that usually has no rhythm and hardly ever goes by my hearthbeat (beep beep beepbeep beep), A month ago I experienced it but was just for a few hours, now I can hear it almost all the time when there's no much sound around (45db aproximately). I'm in university and find this really hard to ignore in comparison to my 4 year 8khz T.
      I would really appreciate some advice, had to go back to my benzo(Klonopin) to get some sleep at night.
      Best wishes to all of you

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Hey J,
      sorry to hear about the new sound.
      i think its all about re-habituate again. for how long have you had this new sound?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JSalvatore
      Studious

JSalvatore Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      Hi Mario, for about a week and a half now, Sooner or later I'll habituate again and it will settle down just like the 8khz tone did last year. Thinking about this new tone all day has brought a spike to my other T as well, so it's a bit difficult to face a 5/10 T after having a year of 0.5/10. Worrying is just the cause of the spike, the mind can be very tricky sometimes.
      Thank you for answering

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Welcome J,
      Yes man, give it some time, time is the best healer.
      so you been having T for a year, and it changed?
      i think it can be temporary, there has been 2 week spikes or more.
      lets hope it returns to baseline soon :)

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JSalvatore
      Studious

JSalvatore Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      I have T since 2014, in 2015 with TRT and counseling managed to lower it's perception to nearly 0, then last month had some hard time at uni with a lot of exams and the T started to bother me again, developed this new tone and started the newbie fears again haha, I will return to the TRT as soon as I can.