Almost 3 Months!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Charron, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Charron
      Badass

Charron Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sshl???
      Ok, I'll try not to make it too long, I've not been on here for a few weeks but will try to come back regularly to post on the success forum as for me my journey is a success, no I'm not cured.

My first post was a cry for help, I couldn't cope with my sudd n hearing loss, the noise of H and all the frightening symptoms that I was experiencing, I was suicidal and my family were in bits as I have always b en such a strong healthy person.

The Internet is a scary place when you look at tinnitus story's, I found this forum and took advice from good people who knew more about this than Drs and ENT, who were and are in my experience of them useless.

Anyway I kept reading the BTS method and have been using it now for about 5 weeks, it's working, it's not an overnight cure, I don't write down my response as suggested but I do know that by keeping busy, not looking for miracle cures I'm slowly getting back to normal life, my H is very mild now, I've been cinema, and taken toddlers to a play centre which is VERY loud, the only thing I haven't done yet is go clubbing.

I try to give my T an H no attention, when I do I just observe how I'm feeling and move on, I was worried to begin with that this illness was brought on by being too busy and running around doing too much and exhausting myself, but that's just me, I am a perfectionist, I also used to love silence, I thought my life was over, NO!

I'm still a perfectionist, I'm still running around tiring myself, the noise is just a paper tiger (quoted from Billy's post) I hear the noise but I'm feeling tired, but happy and accomplished!

I now believe that within a year I will only hear in if I really try, I hope anyone who is new to this will believe that life can still be great and everything will be fine, xxxxxxxx

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. Zora
      Depressed

Zora Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1st time: Megaphone ;2nd time: headphones too loud
      Hi @Charron
      thanks for the post and for coming back to the forum to report :)

could you describe how loud your T is? like can it be masked by the pc noise, or tv ok low volume or....?

bc I am now about 2,5 months in with mild T and moderate H.
      and I am just as anxious and tense and stressed out as at the beginning.

always listening to it, making me depressed and scared.
      I am exhausted

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Charron
      Badass

Tinnitus Since:
      10/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sshl???
      Hi, to start with my T was loud, I could hear it over the shower, and the shower made my H so bad I had to wear swimming plugs! I hid away for a few weeks but missed my baby granddaughters so much that I decided to ignore the H, their screaming and shouting still gets to me but no way like it did, I use the bts method and now I go most of the day forgetting about the T, which is when I listen a hiss, nowhere near what it was a few weeks ago, I force myself into loud situations that I was scared of when this first started, weather or not I'm just getting used to it I'm not sure but the bts method definitely helped, everyone is different but please be assured that you will be back to normal at some point, I'm just the type of person who is impatient and rushes along not taking my time so I guess I'm rushing to get back to normal.

I'm the last person to say be patient but honestly you will get there xxxx

• Like Like x 2
    4. Zora
      Depressed

Zora Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1st time: Megaphone ;2nd time: headphones too loud
      @Charron thanks for the quick answer :)
      so now you T is just a hiss? u can only hear it in silence?
      that might explain why you habituated so fast...

5. hurtingdream

hurtingdream Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2002. Became worse 11/29/2015.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      @Charron thank you for sharing! I'm 3 months in as well with my spike and in the beginning it was hell. Trying the BTS method so slowly getting back to life. @Zora hang in there! I know It sucks. For some people it takes awhile to habituate.

• Like Like x 2
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Charron
      Badass

Tinnitus Since:
      10/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sshl???
      I would recommend everyone try this method, be patient, I'm yet to have actual silence but I'm confident I will, if not I'm happy to have gotten to the point where I'm happy anyway xxxx

• Like Like x 2