Almost 3 Weeks In... A Question (Swollen Eustachian Tube)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Throwaway01, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Throwaway01

Throwaway01 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Hello everybody.

So, 3 weeks ago, right after finishing my exams, I noticed a fullness/clogged feeling accompanied with occasional pain in my right ear. Tinnitus quickly followed, which finally caused me to go to a doctor a little over a week ago. I was prescribed anti-inflammatory drugs because my Eustachian tube appeared to be quite swollen. In addition, I was told to use nasal spray and to make chewing motions. I was told to take these drugs for 14 days to get rid of the swelling.

My question is: has anyone else had this cause for their T and did it go away once everything in your ear was back to normal? As far as my knowledge goes, permanent T is pretty much always caused by exposure to loud noise. The last time I came in contact with serious loudness was in a club.. over a year ago, so I don't think it's the cause. I'd hate for mine to be permanent because of this stupid swelling...

Any responses are welcomed & thanks in advance!

2. He|ix

He|ix Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      Hey mate,

Your experience may be somewhat similar to mine:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/my-experience-so-far.10418/

It's been almost a week sinceyour original post, have you had any luck with the anti-inflamatories?

I had some success with Prednisolone and limited successwith the nasal spray, however with both the Tinnitus returned to the same level.

I would presume that if you can pin point the cause of the eustachian tube inflamation then you may be on your way to success. In my case that has proven to be very difficult.