Almost too scared to post because I don't want to jinx this good day...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Misery, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Misery
      Happy

Misery Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 26, 2013
      Yesterday and last night were hell. T was loud, humming, and ringing all day and night. Today was surprisingly good. I didn't hear much go the high pitched ring. Only a low hum much of the day. And I times it was not noticeable. I'm not sure why this is, but I tend to hear more of the hum (or hiss) over other sounds than when in a quiet room. In other words, I still feel like I often "hear" silence. Does anyone else have this too?

I'm trying very hard to not trend to the sounds, not take notice or be alarmed. I do believe this well be of benefit.

I've come through this before. I'd like to believe its mind over mater and I can come through this again.

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. Lulubug69
      Artistic

Lulubug69 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2013
      Yes you can come through it again. Have faith, don't give it a thought or energy. Acknowledge those moments of silence with a smile. I've had these moments too and I am grateful for them.

• Like Like x 2
    3. st0rch
      Creative

st0rch Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/18/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Thanks for posting, it's nice seeing something positive. It gives hope.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Misery
      Happy

Misery Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 26, 2013
      Thank you all! It can better. I know it can.

I'm used to falling asleep on m left side. I haven't been able to sleep on my left at all with the T noise. Last night the sound was soooo low I was able to fall asleep on my left!!!! Then, I awakened at 4:30 am and was again able to fall asleep on my left! I went to bed at 11 pm and woke up at 10 am. I must have been exhausted or just enjoying the pleasant sleep. I still use ambient sounds, but I'm glad to be able to sleep.

Wishing everyone here peaceful nights and days.

5. 2014winner
      Inspired

2014winner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      otitis media with permanent hearing loss
      Thank you for your post. Yes, I know what you mean. Hang in there!