AM-101 TACTT1 Results Released

Discussion in 'Research News' started by Hudson, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Robb
      Question it

Robb Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Hi Bart,

I'm with you, hang on! As this AM101 is so promising and the effects seems lasting it is the most promising thing for us short term sufferers to look out for

Lets not speculate on the dosage to be injected but assume this is a substance that at least can decrease the subjective tinnitus sound to a variety degree of effect

All best

2. NeoM
      Moonlighting

NeoM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/31/2013
      That sucks about being pushed out of the acute phase. The only good thing is that the acute phase is still drug or placebo, where post acute everyone gets the drug. So if you are admitted to the post acute study you'll definitely get the drug.

3. Erlend
      Question it

Erlend Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      My T is 80% gone, happened in the last couple of days. Never been this low. Maybe I'n one of the lucky few. If I can get the current level reduced by 50% i will consider myself cured

• Like Like x 4
    4. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Sherri786 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Hey that's great, Erlend, happy for you.

5. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Did you do anything different ? Supplements ? Diet ? Do please keep us updated, thank you.

6. Erlend
      Question it

Erlend Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      I ate some spicy indian food, don't know if that had anything to do with it

7. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      That spikes mine !

8. Robb
      Question it

Robb Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Hi Erlend, I'm happy for you! Any good habits, drinks or food we can learn copy from you?

9. Erlend
      Question it

Erlend Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      I've been drinking a lot of alcohol, smoked many cigarettes and gone to bed at 5 AM. So I doubt it. Maybe it's just temporary, but right now it's really low

• Like Like x 1
    10. Emil Mikalsen
      Curious

Emil Mikalsen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10.2013 - concert
      Good for you Erlend! :)

my T is really low now too, i'm hoping it will go away on its own. It spiked some when i went to work, but most of the time i can't hear it anymore. i've started drinking chamomile tea before bed and it seems to help some with my sleep at least.

• Like Like x 1
    11. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Mine too, very low today ! Couldn't resist chiming in:cool: , I take camomile tea too.

• Like Like x 1
    12. SISKO
      Suicidal

SISKO Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Erlend and Emil- did u participate in the AM101 Trials? Or why that decrease of tinnitus ?

13. Emil Mikalsen
      Curious

Emil Mikalsen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10.2013 - concert
      no i did not participate in the AM101 trial. I'm not sure why my T has decrease, but i'm happy :)

14. Erlend
      Question it

Erlend Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      If you do you shouldn't tell them that you've had it before.

I haven't done AM101 either. Dno why it's decreased

15. t-man
      Suicidal

t-man Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Some people have good days. I get one every blue moon.

• Hug Hug x 1
    16. Mark Washington

Mark Washington Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Hi guys I'm new to the site,

My doctor recently told me about this study but did not have much to say about it. What is the difference between the post acute study and the acute study? Is post acute study for people that have had T within 3 to 12 months and the acute study for people that just got tinnitus. I am bit confused so if anyone knows for sure please post. Also if anyone knows how do you register for a clinical study?

This website is a great support. It is nice to see something over the internet that is more connected to each others heart.

Mark

• Agree Agree x 1
    17. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Like Bart, I was soooo close to getting into an AM 101 trial here. They definitely are doing the phase 11 at University of Miami, where I am getting treatment. But they are sticking to acute patients only (3 months or less) and I am about 6, 7 months now. My doctor said he asked if they would let me in anyway, but told me they said no. But he also mentioned that Auris probably will expand to chronic patients in the future.

Anyway, a heads up for any of you living in the Southeast U.S., just got your tinnitus and are interested in being a test subject. They aren't enrolling yet but will be soon.

Will it work? My guess is not for all of us. But I would have been willing to give it a try if I would have been eligible.

• Like Like x 1
    18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hudson
      Cowboy

Hudson Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:

Mark,

Participating clinical trial sites will probably be posted on this web page:

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01803646?term=am-101&rank=4

As you can see, the trial is slated to begin this month. They have not updated it since November 29th, when they postponed the start date from December 2013 to January 2014. Hopefully for those who wish to participate there will be no further delays. I'm sure it would be quite discouraging for someone to barely miss out on an opportunity to participate in a trial like this because Auris has been delaying.

19. Bart Marien

Bart Marien Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      got a call from the hospital a few days ago. They said the research was postponed to February.
      According to them there will be 2 test groups in February. 0-3 months & 3-12 months.

Will keep everyone here informed if i hear something new.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    20. SISKO
      Suicidal

SISKO Member

Tinnitus Since:
      WoW - that Sounds Good. I Mean the test for 3-12 months. They should take third study as well like 12-and more

It might be that some persons really have inner ear tinnitus so they could be treated. Don't know if the "cure" would be stable or patients need always some shots if this fluid .

21. Erlend
      Question it

Erlend Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      I'll ask them to do a 12 months and more trials in Scandinavia... Hehe

But here's a question; Do people in trials get the exact treatment that people will get when this is finally available? What if when this is approved, but people get larger doses, and bigger chances of recovery? Then the people in the trials will regret that they didn't wait? Or is it easy to get a second "shot" with a larger dose if this is the case?

22. t-man
      Suicidal

t-man Member

Tinnitus Since:
      If the drug hits the market you can probably get as many shots as you can afford. But I'm certain they're going to keep the dosage consistent throughout the study.

23. Erlend
      Question it

Erlend Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      How expensive will this be? Any ideas?

24. James White
      Anime

James White Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe loud music. Not sure.
      depends on where you live but it should be cheap, i guess it shouldn't cost more than maybe 60€ it's just gel

25. t-man
      Suicidal

t-man Member

Tinnitus Since:
      You have to puncture the drum and window, right? That might deter people from taking multiple shots.

Not me, though.

26. Erlend
      Question it

Erlend Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      @ResonanceCEO was developing an alternative drug delivery system to the inner ear but he's completely disappeared, I am really worried actually

27. James White
      Anime

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      he probably has more serious stuff to do than chitchat on a bbs :)

28. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      This assumption is probably wrong. He showed great interest in becoming a regular part of this forum. His intention never was to make only a brief visit. I had a few chats with him in private, and based on those in addition to his public posts I'm starting to be quite worried about his abrupt disappearance, and lack of answer to my email.

But fingers crossed he's only busy and nothing more serious is behind it. I'll let everyone know if I hear from him.

Further discussion about Chris' absence here please: https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/where-is-resonanceceo.2735/

Markku

29. James White
      Anime

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      sorry if my previous message felt negative, i'll try to contact Allison Hebron (co-CEO) via LinkedIn

• Like Like x 1
    30. Owch

Owch Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      I got the impression that his delivery system was going to be some form of permanent implant in the ear... doesn't sound too much fun on the face of it

I hope he's OK, however