AM-101 TACTT1 Results Released

Discussion in 'Research News' started by Hudson, Sep 9, 2013.

1. jeffie7
      Wishful

jeffie7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2003
      Fish tank is up there sound wise with a fan running. Just different type of sound.

Think about countries that have heavy rain seasons. Everyone would wake up to T lol.

Ringing from a concert will normally go away within 24-48 hours of low sound exposure. Not sure if sleep has anything to do with it.

My guess is most people on this forum sleeps with some sort of white noise playing either from their phone or radio.

2. Marius T
      Fine

Marius T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      @Mosaik I took 3 pills daily for 3 days 6 days after the concert that induced my T, then 2 pills for 3 days, and then 1 pill daily for 2 weeks.. A good doctor prescribed me this with magnesium, essential herbals, fish oil and Ginko Biloa, but I think all of this has done nothing.

3. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      Is anyone or has anyone registered to take part with the AM-101 trials currently recruiting in America, UK and across Europe? What is your experience?
      Does anyone have any info please?
      Seems that you have to have noise induced T with 3 months onset but up to one year.
      I want to take part maybe but am afraid that it may do more harm than good - worried about the injection into the ear....read some unhappy reports on the trials....so if anyone has taken part or is about to take part, please let us know.....may help me to make my decision too.....
      thank you all...

4. 111

111 Member

There is a long thread already on this topic in the treatments section, i suggest you look there Amandine first.

5. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      can you send me the link please?
      Just wondered if anyone was joining or not joining the AM-101 and also what is the difference between AM-101 and the autifony trials....
      Your reply gives me no reply at all ....sorry....but trying to make decisions here......and suffering terribly.....so not really feeling very patient.....sorry

6. Marius T
      Fine

Marius T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      @amandine you're actually on the thread about the am101, read it from the beginning even if that takes a lot of time, you'll get all the answers you need :)

7. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      ok well i have realised that i am too afraid of having injections in my ears.
      The autifony seems to be pills which seems better to me.
      I have trouble coping each minute and dont know if i can continue.
      What can I do to cope please. Is there any chance that this will go away as everything that I enjoyed has been taken from me. I loved going to the lakes and mountains and quiet places and i cannot do this now. I sit at home holed up all day. My partner is about to have a nervous breakdown due to the stress of living with me and this. I am a complete mess. Any advice as to what to do. Want to try the neuro sound stuff on here but really dont know how to do it. It is too complicated techno for me and i dont understand it or what to do. If I can listen to a sound and then say where about it is - (i think between 1 and 2 hz or whatever it is called. So 1.5hz. Please can someone help me to upload this with ther frequency at about 1.5. Please......anyone.....do it for me and send me the link so that I can try to download it onto a cd....please!!! thank you to anyone helping me.....

• Hug Hug x 2
    8. Valentin

Valentin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/08/2013
      register yourself with imerta for am-101 trial, you have nothing to lose, if that doesn't work, well at least you tried.

in the mean time, as long as you can sleep, you should be ok until another treatment comes to us :)

9. Rube
      Fine

Rube Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      if you haven't already I suggest seeing your doctor and speaking with them about some anti-anxiety medication.Second you should try masking you can use your smart phone to download one of the many apps that provide masking sounds. i use a free app called relax and sleep and I think the shower sounds work best for me. or you can just pull up YouTube on your phone and do a search for shower sounds or white noise or brown noise or whatever you feel mask your t the best. make sure you use the loosefitting earphones see you can still hear outside sounds and put the volume up just enough so it covers your t but you could still hear people speaking or the TV clearly.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    10. Seif Hafez

Seif Hafez Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/1999
      I have been suffering from tinnitus for more than 10 years. It all came one day after a three days of a regular cold. I have no idea that i was going to face a life long struggle. I am waiting passionately for the AM-101. I am not sure though if it will cure people with tinnitus for more than 10 years? I also have a bit of a dizziness. It is a strange sensation that is very hard to explain. I am not sure that it will help it either. I had noticed also that Dana White was cured by stem cell treatment in Germany. I am looking forward to email them and get more information.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    11. 2131e
      Wishful

2131e Member

Tinnitus Since:
      19/2014
      @amandine I was struggling to cope with my T until just the past few days. The first step is to get out of panic mode long enough that you can sort out a treatment plan. To do that you need some anti anxiety medication (not long term, just for now) and white noise as others suggest. I like mynoise.net especially the nature sounds. I am listening to 'jungle life' right now. Just put it on as loud as you need to feel relief and put it on all the time. Download it on your phone and listen to it with headphones if you're not at home.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    12. T-Bach

T-Bach Guest

I am in the AM-101 trial right now. Got the 3 injections in mid-September. Now it's wait and see. They say it takes up to 90 days to see improvement. Of course, I may have received the placebo. I will know in mid-December when I go back for my final follow-up. If I did get the placebo, I will definitely take them up on their offer to get the drug, for sure, in December. I hate going through those injections again, but if it reduces the loudness of my tinnitus, absolutely!! The injections do not hurt because they numb the eardrum with Novacaine cream. It is frightening when the doctor releases the drug though....it's cold and wet, deep inside your ear. The worst part, for me, was when they suctioned out the excess Novacaine cream. That suction device is really loud, not only over by the wall, but inside your ear. I held that nurse's hand really tight! But the entire actual medical part only takes a few minutes. Then you have to lay there for 30 minutes, while the medicine soaks in, from your middle ear, down to your inner ear. I strongly encourage anyone who has had tinnitus for 3 months or less to get enrolled in the Auris Medical Phase 3 trial ASAP. It ends next summer. The drug will probably be approved by the FDA in 2016. But you can get it now (for free)--actually they pay you $100 a visit too. I feel so lucky to be a part of this. I pray it works for me.

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Informative Informative x 1
    13. T-Saiyan
      Badass

T-Saiyan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/03/2013
      Im praying for you so hard you dont even know .
      i hope to god for your sakes and mine that they did their research properly.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    14. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      anyone doing the am-101 trials in Toulouse, France? I would like to go for these and Toulouse would be my closest place. Wondered if anyone else doing them there and whether it may be possible to buddy up with him or her? Please let me know? thanks

15. luigilo
      Stalking

luigilo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma but little earing loss...
      Too late for me sorry , my tinnitus is two years old . You will have to register for the trial at Toulouse ( Go Go GO ). I 'm sure it will go :) Ps : I'm From Lyon

16. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      From what I have read there seems to be a lot of unsurety about these AM-101 trials and people seem to prefer the autifony trials coming up. Can anyone expand on this please? I am getting very confused by everything that I am reading and most of it is on these forums. Sorry to be such a pest...... Also did anyone have these injections but have any improvement OR did anyone have a bad outcome? Please let me know...thanks

17. lapidus

lapidus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      People are more hyped about Autifony because they aim to treat chronic tinnitus, while AM-101 is only for acute tinnitus. AM-102 will however be for chronic tinnitus but they are only in the pre-clinical stage with that one.

18. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      ok so reading up I can see that autifony are doing their trials on age related hearing loss. Is that correct? Anyone know better than me?

• Useful Useful x 1
    19. lapidus

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Autifony's phase 2 trial is for both tinnitus and hearing loss from my understanding.

20. T-Bach

T-Bach Guest

Good morning! I have some BREAKING NEWS. There is a company in San Diego, California called Otonomy (founded in 2008). They bought up numerous patents from a man named Alfred Mann, who is well-known for his research into tinnitus. Otonomy has developed a drug for tinnitus which they are presently calling OTO-311, in their clinical trials. The drug is Gacyclidine, and it is an NMDA receptor antagonist, which means it has the same action as the drug that Auris Medical has developed. The drug dampens the body's response to tinnitus, by calming down the nerve endings responsible for it. Otonomy's drug is also injected into the eardrum, but their treatment only involves one injection, not three. They say this is because their drug is in a "sustained-exposure formulation." They are currently in Phase 1 clinical studies right now, and they are planning on having Phase 2 studies start, in the second quarter of 2015. These studies will be conducted across the U.S.A., and perhaps elsewhere. You will have to contact them to find out what other countries they will also be in. I highly recommend that you get involved in this Phase 2 trial.

Both Otonomy and Auris Medical went public this past summer, and obviously, they are in competition with each other. This is good news for everyone in the world who has tinnitus. The more drug treatments, the better! Another very important aspect of this study coming up in 2015 by Otonomy is this....THEY DO NOT CARE HOW LONG YOU HAVE HAD YOUR TINNITUS. Anyone can participate. I spoke to one of their researchers directly (on the phone) who told me this. This is fantastic news for everyone! You can send them an email at: clinicalstudies@Otonomy.com. Ask them to put your name and email address on the list of people to contact next year, when they are getting ready to launch the study. This is a Phase 2 trial, which means that, when it starts, the drug would have already completed the Phase 1 trial, which proved it was SAFE. In Phase 2 trials (and in Phase 3 trials), they are trying to prove that it is EFFECTIVE. So there is nothing to worry about really, in a Phase 2 or Phase 3 trial. You can also visit their website: http://www.otonomy.com

Please share this post all over this forum, and everywhere else you can!

• Winner Winner x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    21. lapidus

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Why don't you just start a separate thread about it here in the research news section instead?

22. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      so does this mean that phase 111 is really safe then? The idea of having an injection into the ear is frightening to say the least. Is it possible that all this came about through great internalised ongoing stress. I have read a post today on TT that said that she has personally spoken with people who have had it for a few months, 6 months, a year and 2 years and their T spontaneously went away, even sound trauma T. Is that possibley true. Is it we only see online those who have not had good experiences with it? Sorry if my comments are stupid....I am struggling here and getting panic attacks. Loads of stress in the past month which seems to have elevated the volume. I am desperately unhappy in my home situation and financial and housing situation and feel very unstable and afraid of life all the time with no hope on the horizon. I keep saying that there is no hope. I have been struggling to get free of my domestic situ for years and now this!! Is there really hope? Please reply - I am not a basket case....I promise you

23. Zimichael

Zimichael Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      (1956) > 1980 > 2006 > 2012 > (2015)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ac. Trauma & Ac.Trauma + Meds.
      T-Bach...Yes, please start another thread on this so as to not clutter up this one. When you do, I have done a little "snooping" already, and have some......Ahhhh..."questions"!

Thanks, Zimichael

24. lapidus

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I would say that the phase 3 probably is quite safe yes. For your other questions, I really don't have any answers and this thread is not the place for them, but yeah there are people who have had their T dissapear after several months and sometimes years. It's not common though.

25. aarondowns22

aarondowns22 Member

I have a question for people who have undergone the injections. I have already had my screening and get my injections on Thursday. I've been doing my diary every day but I forgot yesterday. Does anyone know for sure if missing it one day disqualifies you or are you allowed to miss a day or two??

26. SteveToHeal
      Insomnious

SteveToHeal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I heard 80 or 90% completion qualifies you but check with your doctor doing the trial.

27. luigilo
      Stalking

luigilo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma but little earing loss...
    28. Marius T
      Fine

Marius T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Do you guys think that I would qualify for otonomy's trials if I do the AM101 ? I've scheduled an appointment with the clinic that does the trials on the 16th, i'll keep it posted ! :)

29. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      Dont know if you would be able to get Otonomy as well - I have been asking myself the same questions.
      One thing that I do not understand? How do they know if it is cochlear trouble or not? Also if it is a brian disfunction - ie get embedded in the brain - then how can injections to the ear help? Very confused by all this? Plus wondering about the safety issues here - says it can cause paralysis, deafness, and so on and so forth....
      Does anyone have any info that could be useful in this - I could do the trials - they are faw away from me and very stressful to go and do them but if they are really helpful - I understand that if get placebo then am guaranteed to get real drug afterwards...
      thank you to all and anyone who has something helpful and advice to give.....

30. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      One person on here has said that he had it am 101 and after 4 weeks he has noticed 50% reduction but he does not know if it would have gone away naturally or not.....
      as you can see that I am in a total state of panic with this......
      not living, just existing, no fun or humour anymore, no desire to eat....etc
      took prednisolone and that worked but then stopped taking it and came back.
      Do not have ipods or smart phone - never needed them as always enjoyed the silence and quiet of the countryside - very rural france here
      Lots of silence here.....
      Became somewhat obsessional about this and looking on computer all day....not much else to do except watch tv
      Getting louder and louder.....
      Is it me or am I doing this to mself
      Went to lake the other day - ordinarily it would be fantastic place to go in the sun and heat - could not sit still there due to the noise in my head....
      Have been taking xanax 0.125mg a day X 3....not doing much except making me feel sleepy
      Now have taken first Betahistine tablet 20mg - not sure if I can take Xanax on top of this...
      Very much alone here and struggling....
      Any ideas and comments on the AM - 101 that i mentioned above please......?
      thank you to all of you