Am I Crazy for Preferring a Louder Environment??? Wait......

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jeff M., Mar 7, 2014.

?

Is your Tinnitus trauma induced or neurological ???

1. Trauma

10 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Neurological

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
    1. Jeff M.
      Breezy

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      I have been on TT for awhile now, and I read so many posts about people who's T is irritated or exacerbated by noise and sounds. Am I crazy that I actually prefer a louder environment than a quiet one?? The sounds of everyday life (cars driving by, people talking, music playing, etc...) drowns out most of my screaming T during the day. It is silence that frightens me!! When my environment is quiet, my T roars to life. For me, bring on the noise!!

I do have to disclose that my T is idiopathic, and not trauma induced. Does sound effect trauma induced T differently than my neurologically induced T???

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. JTP
      No Mood

JTP Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Shit happens
      I am with you. Bring on the noise, lose the earplugs! I start to get comfortable in an environment where most T people get worried about possible spike:)

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. michela
      Dramaqueen

michela Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      for me its the same jeff. i guess its because we do not have tinnitus because of inner ear damage?

• Like Like x 1
    4. AliHT
      Amused

AliHT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      It totally depends on the your source of tinnitus. For me, I do not have spikes in loud environments at all. The problem I have is Hyperacusis which a lot of Tinnitus sufferers also have. You can understand the hell that is.

You want to be in a quite environment? The T will kill you

You want to be in a loud environment? The H will kill you.

So you tend to want to be in lala land. That is sleep! ;)

• Like Like x 2
    5. NeoM
      Moonlighting

NeoM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/31/2013
      Practice sound enrichment. Have a background sound on 24/7 and make sure it's something you like. For instance, waterfalls, rain, crickets, pink noise, white noise, etc.

Oh, as for the cause of mine. I turned off the TV and boom there it was, but I didn't freak out and I went to sleep. The next day it was gone until the evening.

• Like Like x 2
    6. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Even though my t is quiet i love louder places and has not caused a spike yet.. But have developed a phobia or a fear of my T gettin worse

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. JTP
      No Mood

JTP Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Shit happens
      @AliHT Sleep was my only rescue for a quite some time. With Mirtazapine/Remeron my dreams were remarkably fantastic. I looked forward to bedtime to have some escape to lala land. Now my dreams are duller but daytime is better. There is some hyperacusis left but not much. You'll get better with some time.

Edit: I have not experienced a _serious_ hyperacusis, and I do not want to belittle your problems, I only know what I've been through, All the best.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jeff M.
      Breezy

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      Thanks
      I like sleep!!! :sleep::sleep::sleep:

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. AliHT
      Amused

AliHT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      @JTP Well, my hyperacusis has in fact gotten better and will hopefully disappear in the near future! No, I encourage everyone to talk about the "it will get better"-part as well, not just the "I am forever sad"-part. Even if it's a personal experience. It helps people to see a light in the midst of all the darkness.

I'm reminded by the tale of the persian king who ordered from his wise men a ring that will make him happy when sad and sad when happy. They simply gave him a ring that had these words engraved on it "This too shall pass".

• Like Like x 2
    10. NeoM
      Moonlighting

NeoM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/31/2013
      I was thinking about trying mirtazapine for sleep. I've been on trazodone but lately it's been making me feel very tired and giving me nightmares at night. Or maybe they all cause these side effects?

11. JTP
      No Mood

JTP Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Shit happens
      It surely is very personal thing. Fortunately 7.5mg mirtazapine works for me even after 10 months of usage. Sometimes nightmarish dreams and some times fairy tales. Own mind is still a factor:)

Edit: At first it gave me hangover feeling for the next morning, but it did pass in about a week. A further notice is, that with Mirtazapine I need 1-2 hours more sleep than without. On a bad days that is a blessing haha. (That was a joke, I stay up all night).

12. JTP
      No Mood

JTP Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Shit happens
      And you know what?

This too shall pass.

-JTP

• Like Like x 2