Am I Really the Only One Who Can Make Their Tinnitus Go Away as Described?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Soep, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Soep

Soep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      april 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      maybe stress
      I have a atypical form of tinnitus.

I have a custom made earplug with a big hole in it so I can hear sounds but less then normal.

When I put this in my (right) tinnitus ear my tinnitus is gone.

Same story with pushing my tragus firmly in my ear canal.

But when I use a normal earplug or wear nothing my tinnitus is very loud.

Are there more people who have this? I tried to use my earplug for a couple of days so my brain forgets my tinnitus but that did not work.

2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Have you gone through a diagnosis process? You may have objective tinnitus...

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Soep

Soep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      april 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      maybe stress
      Yes, i have seen three ents and lots of other people. But everything seems okay. Over a week i get a ct scan. I have Tinnitus for more then over a year know and The cause is not known. Maybe stress or a very little hearingloss, because i am 43 years old.

4. maltese
      Batty

maltese Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Club
      Actually, I've heard some people mention their T reduces significantly after putting on ear protection.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Soep

Soep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      april 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      maybe stress
      I wish i could have contact with those people to know what their causes are and how they are doing. Are they on this forum?

6. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      If i put my hand over my ear i hear that wind kind of noise which masks the t.

7. Mentos

Mentos Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced, loud rock concert
      You may have a form of reactive tinnitus, in all other cases when people with T plug their ears T becomes more noticable. I hate using hearing protection because that's when I notice my T more, so I do it only in case of parties or in industrial environment. But I know some people that have reactive tinnitus which stays pretty silent in silent environment but gets louder as soon as they are exposed to some sounds.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Soep

Soep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      april 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      maybe stress
      I also thinks that i can mask my t with other sounds in my ear when i put my special earplug in my ear. But i don't know why this is not happen with a normal earplug. How long do you have Tinnitus and what is The cause of it Sam bridge?

I don't think Its reactive Tinnitus. It works almost all The time when i use my earplug and it does not matter if i hear sounds or not. My opinion is that it is not related to each other. When i am in a quit environment and i don't wear my plug my t is loud.

9. maltese
      Batty

maltese Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Club
      Maybe you have an undetectable hearing loss in some frequencies and your earplugs' frequency response (is it a proper term to describe reduction/frequency graph) "evens it out".

Just a crazy theory.

Even if that's the case, it's not actionable knowledge.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Soep

Soep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      april 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      maybe stress
      But my hearingloss is normal for a 43 old adult. That means that i lost high frequencies i guess. But my Tinnitus is not very high in tone.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Soep

Soep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      april 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      maybe stress
      My wish is that an ent is interested in my situation but i never found somebody. Maybe because they don't know it either wat is going on. But The result is that i still thinking about this rare situation and still looking for a cure. Acceptance is very difficult then for me.

12. MidnightOilAudio
      Ape-like

MidnightOilAudio Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Am I the only one that if I were in this gentlemans position I would just live my life with my finger pressed against my tragus 24/7?