Americans: Scheduling a Meeting with a Congressman

Discussion in 'Awareness & Fundraising' started by JasonP, Jun 23, 2017.

1. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      I have an idea for Americans on this chat room that could travel or be willing to travel to D.C. to make an appointment. The goal would be to ask for more funding set aside specifically and only for tinnitus and hyperacusis research.

Step 1: Contact this administrators and owners of this site and get permission to become "official representatives". This way, when you email, fax, or mail a request for an appointment, you can say you are from a group or organization.

Step 2: Get an appointment. You can usually find out how by viewing your congressman's website.

Step 3: Get funds to go to D.C. You will probably need some nice clothes and it helps to have pamphlets or other information on tinnitus. Make sure you get information on how military veterans suffer with tinnitus because pretty much all congressmen want to take care of veterans. You will need to make sure you have all the travel arrangements prepared such as transportation and hotel accommodations.

Step 4: Go to the appointment. Even if the aides only show up, don't worry about it. Compliment the congressman on certain things that he has done that have really been beneficial. Do not come off demanding, condescending, arrogant, or any other negative way. Try to come off in a caring, positive demeanor where your goal is to help people with tinnitus and hyperacusis.

Step 5: Report back here and tell the readers what happened.

My suggestion is that it would be nice if at least two or three people could go that have good personalities and at least one needs to be able to speak well and be polished. Study all you can all this topic and the stats for how many Americans suffer with it. Bring in news reports of people suffering with it. I also wonder if a short video on YouTube from different members would be positive. No matter what you do, be creative and be passionate.

What do you all think?

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1