An Update (Possible Good News!)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jessikweh, Jun 11, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. Jessikweh
      Studious

      Jessikweh Member

      Location:
      Australia
      Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown. Misdiagnosed as Meniere's Disease.
      In case you haven't seen my previous posts, a quick recap.
      > Diagnosed with Meniere's Disease.
      > After 2 years, symptoms hadn't worsened, went back for answers.
      > Confirmed I was misdiagnosed with MD.

      Anyway so the doctor sent me for scans & it came back all clear. No tumours, no MS, & after more testing, still no hearing loss.

      I just got back from the doctor & he's 99% positive he knows what's causing the T. I have TMJ. I still need to go for more scans, see a dentist, try exercises, etc before anything major can be done. But this is a really good step forward. I'm not getting my hopes up but to see that someone has FINALLY taken me seriously & found the problem is amazing. I just hope from here on out perhaps it can be treated to at least some extent :)

      Also if you're in Australia, feel free to pick up That's Life magazine on June 18th, I'm in it talking about the tinnitus.
       
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Jessikweh
      Studious

      Jessikweh Member

      Location:
      Australia
      Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown. Misdiagnosed as Meniere's Disease.
      Oops, should also mention I've been given some medication too to see if it helps
       
    3. JohnnyMx
      Sunshine

      JohnnyMx Member

      Tinnitus Since:
      Apr/2013
      Amazing!

      Many people think it is right to stop struggling to find the cause of Tinnitus, and only learn to live and accept it. I agree to accept, but I do not agree to give up. One of my mentors once told me "It's much worse to do nothing by being super optimistic, just because you think things will get better by themselves than doing nothing because of fear."

      I really enjoy your discovery and fully hope you find at least a little relief.

      Best wishes.
       
      • Agree Agree x 2
    4. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

      Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

      Location:
      England
      Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      He's 99% positive? What about the other 1% lol?
       
    5. James White
      Anime

      James White Member Benefactor

      Location:
      Toulouse, France
      Tinnitus Since:
      April 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe loud music. Not sure.

      I was always told TMJ tinnitus is random, and beeps only when eating, it's not stable 24/7

      how does your T sound like ?
       
    6. Jessikweh
      Studious

      Jessikweh Member

      Location:
      Australia
      Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown. Misdiagnosed as Meniere's Disease.
      Well obviously if the TMJ issues are fixed & the T hasn't gone or quietened at all, that's not the main issue & we start looking elsewhere. lol.
       
    7. Jessikweh
      Studious

      Jessikweh Member

      Location:
      Australia
      Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown. Misdiagnosed as Meniere's Disease.
      Thank you! You seem to be the only person who isn't snarky when I post on here. Really appreciate the support ^.^
       
      • Like Like x 1
    8. Kopesy
      Balanced

      Kopesy Member Benefactor

      Location:
      England, United Kingdom
      Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma'?' (Unknown)
      All the best with that! It's always nice to have some sort of goal or something to work on. It's a nightmare trying to fix a problem in the dark! :bag:
       
    9. George Nanakos

      George Nanakos Member

      Tinnitus Since:
      March 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      Can someone help me I have a family and a beautiful wife with three children how I'm going to live like this. Is there a cure out there for people like us. 24/7. Please lord help me bc my thoughts go in terrible direction. Please help me
       
    10. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

      glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

      Location:
      England, Stoke-on-Trent
      Tinnitus Since:
      2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @George Nanakos,
      How long have you had tinnitus and do you know what causes it ?.....lots of love glynis
       

Share This Page

Loading...
If you have ringing ears then you've come to the right place. We are a friendly tinnitus support board, dedicated to helping you discuss and understand what tinnitus treatments may work for you.