Anida Pharma AP-001 — Age/Noise-Related Hearing Loss

Discussion in 'Research News' started by Nobody19, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Nobody19

Nobody19 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Clubbing
      Today I heard about a company called Anida Pharma. They are develeping a drug (AP-001) for several conditions, including a drug related to hearing loss. This is all in the pre-clinical stages.

Apparently, this drug will also help with age and noise-related hearing loss. The current phase of this is 'research', which is even before the pre-clinical stage. It will take a long time for this to ever be used as a treatment, but it's good that we can add another possible treatment to the list.

I don't have much more information unfortunately, this is a study about the drug:

Resolution of Cochlear Inflammation: Novel Target for Preventing or Ameliorating Drug-, Noise- and Age-related Hearing Loss

ap-001-age-noise-related-hearing-loss.png

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Lukee

Lukee Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wim Hof Breathing Exercises
      It doesn’t matter if it’s only in research. If the others are in preclinical and ever do get to market, you’ll be able to get it off label. All you have to hope for is that it works for drug-induced HL and makes it to market.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Winner Winner x 2
    3. NikoD
      English

NikoD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      Very interesting, but I can't see anything hearing loss related on Anida Pharma's website at all.

• Informative Informative x 1