Another Year With Tinnitus — Forgot Today Was My Anniversary!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by pef, Mar 17, 2015.

1. pef

pef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/16/2013
      Well, another year with T. One year ago I posted this: https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/one-year-tinnitus-anniversary-life-is-normal.3975/ Details of my acoustic trauma and initial dealings with T are in that thread.

I was working this morning and I realized I had completely forgotten about March 16. It was also the first time I thought about my T for the day - perhaps around 11:00 AM.

It gets better. If you are new to T, hang in the there. It will take your mind some time to adjust, but you can make it happen. I hear my T right now as I type - maybe about 11.5 kHz fundamental hiss in my left ear, and a nice, soothing 6 - 8k Hz square wave in my right ear. I do think about my T every night when I go to sleep, because in the silence I do notice it, but it does not keep me from falling asleep. Some nights it does seem louder than others and I am not sure what causes it to seemingly fluctuate in volume.

I still am very diligent about protecting my hearing - I don't listen to loud music any more, I plug my ears when I will be around very loud noises. Also, I have not given up shooting - still shooting .357 Mags and .44 Mags, among many other guns, will no ill effects (I wear both ear plugs and ear muffs).

Hang in there everyone!

• Like Like x 4
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. Lisa123
      Overworked

Lisa123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Are you as happy as you were before T?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      pef

pef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/16/2013
      Pretty much. Would be nice if I didn't have it, but in the grand scheme of things there's nothing I can do about it....so might as well occupy my mind with something else.

• Like Like x 5
      • Agree Agree x 2