Anxiety and How to Cope?

Discussion in 'Support' started by cowdodge, Dec 12, 2014.

1. cowdodge
      Grumpy

cowdodge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Who here uses antidepresents? Just a question? I read today somewhere on one of thies sites that those drugs do no help tennitus-is that for real?

Next and I kept on looking for this who does regular excersizes for the flight or fight part of this junk we have. I truly do think this can be a real good way to coop with the anxity that goes along with our condition. I have always watched my weight but not a true Jack Lalane type of guy . But I found that if I can do at least 1/2 hour of steady walking on my tread mill it does help. I'm going to join a health club to start swimming again and try to lick the flight or fight part of this god awfull stuff. Well it won't hurt and hay I might just develope a nice bod at age 70:) Oh back to the flight or fight situation I wouldn't that stuff on a dog. Jon

2. Asian

Asian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 weeks
      Why don't you try some thing natural for anxiety? I use Himalaya mentat(mindcare in US) and its working fairly good for my anxiety and makes me calm and helped me adapt to my condition. It can be taken long term without harm and contains scientifically proven and well researched mind calming herbs. Please note that I am not promoting any brands and I am not a doctor. Its just my personal opinion and experience

The herb ashwagandha is a renowned herb and known for its anti anxiety and anti stress properties. Worth giving it a try in my opinion. You can get it on amazon easily. Its one of the major components of mentat

• Like Like x 1
    3. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      They don't directly reduce T. However, because acute anxiety and depression can exacerbate a T condition, AD's have indirectly helped to reduce the severity of my T more than once by reducing my levels of anxiety and depression.

4. avocat

avocat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss
      No, anti-depressants do not "help" tinnitus as far as reducing the noise level. But they can help you make it through the day, sleep better, and put you in a better position to fight the T battle. For example, it's hard to keep doing the things you would normally do when you're sidelined by panic attacks about your T; in situations like that, your anxiety needs to be treated, even if your T can't.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. James7

James7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I often deal with my anxiety by eating. I often buy and eat an entire tub of frozen yogurt because deep down inside I'm scared of what's happening to me with both my worsening tinnitus and visual problems. I never used to binge on food so excessively before I got my health problems and I know it's because of the lurking fear that's always there in my mind.

And you know what, it helps. As I'm eating the frozen yogurt I feel good and I continue feeling good for a while afterwords.

6. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Same here...food is an amazing crutch. I don't give a crap about what I eat like I did prior to T. It just feels good so I do it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      cowdodge
      Grumpy

cowdodge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      My millin dollar question is? Simple is there a diet that can reduce you adrenalin output? Adrenalin is the biggest culprit in u fight for peace. Seems like f you could reduce this part of th puzzle than the noise should go down and your body would not be staged for fight or flight!

• Like Like x 1
    8. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I was on anti anxiety drugs and trying to get off them before I got worse t, so more drugs wasn't really an option for me.

Exercise, meditation, more mediation, CBT textbooks...

• Like Like x 1