Any Experience or Advice I Can Get? Got Ear Infection, on Amoxicillin Now

Discussion in 'Support' started by michael casanova, Jul 9, 2017.

1. michael casanova

michael casanova Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 4th
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      Hi everybody. I'm new to this site. Here's the pickle I'm in right now.

I got an ear infection a few days ago and went to the hospital. I had tinnitus (still do) and I'm currently taking two medications for it. Amoxicillin and some other one.

For some of you guys, you guys were in my situation. At least, I think so.

For anyone that was in my situation, did your tinnitus disappear quickly? How long did it take for your tinnitus to disappear? Did it ever disappear?

I would appreciate feedback! I'm 18 years old. This tinnitus is making me go nuts! Thanks for reading this and hopefully I get at least one reply.

2. Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      I know there are people who've had T for years after an ear infection. But as long as your T isn't caused by a hearing damage, you have big chances of getting cured. Be patient and don't panic.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      If an ear infection has caused the tinnitus then it will go in time. However, if you have been listening to music regularly through headphones or attending places where loud music is played: clubs, concerts or the cinema? Then it is likely "exposure to loud noise" is responsible for your tinnitus. Loud noise exposure is the most common cause of tinnitus. I have written articles on tinnitus that you might find helpful, click on the links below. Try to read them in full and not skim through them.
      Best of luck
      Michael

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/tinnitus-a-personal-view.18668/

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/hyperacusis-as-i-see-it.19174/