Any Students? What Do You Study? What Are Your Future Plans?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Egg, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Egg

Egg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma (Concert)
      Just curious to know how fellow students are doing outside of this forum.

I'm back to school now and it's been a lot of work but I'm actually doing better than I thought in terms of coping with tinnitus and being able to study and concentrate with it? Curious to know what everybody else's experience is?

What else takes your mind off tinnitus? What do you wish to do? What do you wish to pick up? How has your routine changed post tinnitus?

• Winner Winner x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      i was a student in environmental science but my life was ruined after acoustic trauma, haha.
      now i'm unemployeed and just piss off neurotypicals on a tinnitus forum for fun.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      LOL

I want to study Audiology.

• Like Like x 2
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Egg

Egg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm in architecture and still going strong! School helps actually, shifts focus. I'm sure you can too

• Winner Winner x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Egg

Egg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hey sign me up for a future appointment!

• Like Like x 1
    6. Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I am on my 3rd year of University, pursuing a career in health care management, I got tinnitus 51 days ago and I just started fall quarter today... very very hard for me right now. I am an intelligent student but tinnitus has brought down my hopes and I hope to be able to be the same girl I once was, happy and studious :( I am glad you are getting better with your coping mechanism and I wish you well on your studies. Continue being great and fight tinnitus. We are constantly battling tinnitus but we have to keep combating till we get to the point we are free of war and have finally habituated and move on with our lives from a chapter of suffering which we will look back and see how strong we are! Continue being great and good luck! Cheers :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Spiral
      Balanced

Spiral Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Hello! *waves*

Doing school and work full time. I suggest you bookmark the TinnitusTalk Audio Player and never look back. It will be your best friend, and it has saved me when absolute silence was next to unbearable.

The thing that is getting me through is knowing how much better once graduation comes. I can't and won't throw away progress made so far.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. Sarah200
      Suicidal

Sarah200 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold
      I'm a third year physiotherapy student. Tinnitus started during year 1 and the past year I did fine and have been able to focus on my work and revision as it helps make me forget about my tinnitus, my placements help even more. Don't know how I will be tomorrow as my tinnitus has spiked and never been in uni and had a spike at the same time.

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. Codaz

Codaz Member

Masters student Organizational Behavior here. Halted my thesis because Tinnitus + TMJ + Menieres is a beast. I did try though. Now looping for temporary work. Maybe I will finish it later. Hope my body heals a bit.

• Agree Agree x 1