Anyone Coping with Prayer?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Scarlet, May 9, 2016.

1. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      And who would spend time and electricity to operate that prayer shredder? God? I do not think so.
      The Devil? God would not allow him to do that.
      I do not think there is a prayer shredder. I am not sure that our prayers are processed by anybody up there. I envision our unanswered prayers more like helium filled balloons, who are released into the sky, they fly for a while, only to blow up later naturally, when we lose them out of our sight and the air pressure gets too low.

2. ibelievetoo

ibelievetoo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      It is 12:40 AM here in North Carolina. I accidentally found this site as I don't do much on the computer unless I am trying to research something about T. We are all given a choice to believe as we wish. At least in the USA. When I put my feet on the floor one morning and I had T. Knowing there was no family with me, knowing no one was coming, no one to wait for. As I stated before, all had passed this stage of life. I don't know if anyone else is facing this alone, but I do know if I hadn't had a Sky Full of Angels Watching Over Me, I don't know where I would be or even if I would be, if you will. I truly hope others have family that understand and you do not find yourself alone with this. Whatever happens in my personal case, I won't stop praying and fasting. In order to find the truth and decisions I need to make personally, I must keep remembering and practicing,

ibelievetoo

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    3. japongus

japongus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1. I pray to the flying spaghetti octopus cuz the judeochristian one gave my sound sensitivity.

2. Members of religions are actually atheists in disguise because they don't believe in the billions of other gods that have been talked about since the dawn of time. I call them economic opportunists, you can spot their type in class in junior high.

• Funny Funny x 1
    4. click
      Blah

click Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Simply put... I'm assuming that any of you who are religious are praying for God to get rid of your tinnitus.

Again, simply put... I'm also assuming that you still have tinnitus.

hmmmm...

:censored:

• Like Like x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    5. Phones
      Dreaming

Phones Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD/headphones ?
      I am my own GOD , and YOU can't take that away from me , there's a song in there somewhere...
      Look , I was obliged to attend Sunday school for six years as kid ,although it did me no harm (?) I've since learnt more from just a smidgin of Taoism and life experiences. I prayed out of desperation a couple of times as a kid , long before I realised the answers were within me.
      As said countless times ,whatever works for you.

• Winner Winner x 1
    6. click
      Blah

click Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      I think I was trying to say that it wasn't working for them...

7. click
      Blah

click Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Interesting fact... CS Lewis had a secret life, hidden from all his religious friends (once he'd stopped being an atheist & gone back to religion). He's also said to have been an advocate of S&M & used to try to persuade people to let him spank them.

8. Phones
      Dreaming

Phones Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD/headphones ?
      W
      well yes I'm always saying the wrong thing:) of course I later realise your premise to be a truer representation of my feelings :beeranimation: I don't drink but bottoms up anyway

9. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Interesting discussion here about faith and religion but unfortunately it is always controversial. So to each their own. To me faith is highly personal thing and so are the spiritual or miraculous experiences one encounters in his/her spiritual journey. I have spiritual experiences that I can't explain logically. I see things in nature that can't be explained by science easily. So there must be a God. But my only son died tragically in my arm at 5 years old on a day I was trying to help out church friends. So God must not exist. How can He do that to me when I was servicing for His cause? And if that is not enough, a few years back I got hit by ultra high pitch T & severe hyperacusis and I suffered terribly. That was such a stab in the back by some unseen power. I was having the same ??? thought like others how this could have happened to me after being a Christian for 50+ years. Gosh!

But then I realized that even Jesus was crucified when he was trying to help the sick and the poor and to save humanity. His apostles and disciples who had been empowered by having lived with Christ themselves, witnessing His miraculous power, went out to preach the Gospel as encouraged by Christ. Yet they mostly ended up persecuted to no end, some stoned or beheaded to death. Christianity is never known nor advocated by God nor Christ as a faith of 'cure-all, protect-all, no-tragedy, no-suffering' type of thing for this life. This life is not the end but there is a better realm beyond in eternity. This is a very temporary existence of our eternal soul.

Youtube has many, many videos of people who had been considered or declared dead but returned to life to tell of very similar stories of such reality beyond the realm. Even scientists, doctors and formerly atheists have had such experiences coming back to tell of the incredible realm of existence beyond. Some, even children went beyond and came back telling they met deceased relatives they had never seen before in their life time. Incredible and unexplainable phenomenon. But to each their own. Believe it or discredit it to fit your preferred way of living this life. It is our free agency.

To me, I just enjoy my life as much as I humanly can, finding joy amid the pain. Life is short. Don't waste time to wrestle with T or God. If I believe in the Almighty God who has the power and wisdom to have created this world & the universe, then who am I to question His ways in my life, blessings or sufferings. Just because I can't explain things that are too incredible (like the miracles) will not hamper my belief in a loving Father in Heaven and Christ the Savior. Heck, if you go back to Christ's time and tell people you can see wonderful images and talk to someone across the world with a small hand-hell devise the size of their palm, would they believe you? Of course not? They would say we are either morons or psychos, lol. To make conclusion based on our limited knowledge of this temporal existence is understandable but not necessary accurate nor reliable. So for us, do the best we can with this life, God or no God. Help out each other, strangers in all. The world is a better place with love and care for each other. Leave the rest to God or karma or whatever you want to believe or not.

• Like Like x 2
    10. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      Well I hope his pain book had a happy ending.

11. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006

Okay I can see where all you are coming from. I have thought about this myself. The way I see it, the mainstream media and education system in the U.S. and Europe has convinced a lot of people that there is only naturalism (not supernaturalism) and materialism (in the philosophical sense of the word). I thought about it though and scientists say that the universe had a beginning and they can't quite explain what was before the "big bang" as they call it which created all the matter in the Universe. This leaves the possibility that before the material universe there was immaterial. If there can be a material world, then why not an immaterial world as well? Something we don't understand fully or see.

The whole idea that life can somehow come from non-life is to me ridiculously unscientific and has never been observed (one of the key tenants of the Scientific Method). The DNA requires molecules to carry out the instructions and information in it. How did these molecules start carrying out instructions out of nowhere if their is no designer? If we are to believe in evolution, which came first -the heart, the blood, or the blood vessels? They certainly couldn't evolved at once and there is no need for any of them without all 3 being present. Also, where did consciousness come from? I look at human beings and I think the human body is way too complex to not have a Designer.

Also, for Christians who read the Bible, we should know that God commands His people to love their neighbor. Well, when people are suffering or hurting, it means that others can show sympathy, compassion, charity, and can help them. These are forms of love which would be impossible without suffering and pain. I see it as a another test. Will we show compassion and love or we will ignore our fellow man in his suffering and/or treat him like we don't care?

Finally as regards to prayers not being answered, there can be several reasons for that. In the Bible it says several things about the matter:

Proverbs 28:9 He who turns away his ear from listening to the law, Even his prayer is an abomination. (NAS)

Psalm 66:18 If I regard wickedness in my heart, The Lord will not hear; (NAS)

Many Christians falsely believe that they can ignore the law of God (and most do), do whatever they want yet say prayers and expect God to heal them! Maybe if they truly repent (which is rare). In addition, there is no way any human being will be immune to suffering on this planet no matter how good we are. Some will suffer more, some less. There is no way we can avoid all pain and suffering. This is no perfect world.

Unlike some fringe groups of Christianity, I believe its okay to use physical things to help people. Take for example, the story of the Good Samaritan. He saw a wounded man on didn't just pray for him and keep going along his way. He physically helped him and showed love and compassion:

Luk 10:30 Jesus replied, "A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and he fell among robbers, who stripped him and beat him and departed, leaving him half dead.
      Luk 10:31 Now by chance a priest was going down that road, and when he saw him he passed by on the other side.
      Luk 10:32 So likewise a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side.
      Luk 10:33 But a Samaritan, as he journeyed, came to where he was, and when he saw him, he had compassion.
      Luk 10:34 He went to him and bound up his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he set him on his own animal and brought him to an inn and took care of him.
      Luk 10:35 And the next day he took out two denarii and gave them to the innkeeper, saying, 'Take care of him, and whatever more you spend, I will repay you when I come back.' (ESV)

I will probably get blasted for saying some of this and maybe I am wrong about something, but this is how I see it as of now. Also, by no means am I judging anyone on here (regardless of their theism or atheism) and I certainly am not perfect and have my own issues to work on. I do sympathize with all those suffering here no matter their religion.

12. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Good point @JasonP and I have come to the conclusion of an Intelligent Design too by observing how our eyes and ears do their job. I respect people's choice to believe or not. I mean, if the Democrats and the Republicans in the State, or the Liberals and Conservatives in Canada can't agree on a single issue as intelligent and grown men/women, what chance is there to agree on religion and God. LOL.

I believe a superior intelligence of the Universe exists. There is evidence of that intelligence and there are so many laws governing this universe, nature, and even in our human body. Take the ear and hearing. Sound travels in waves, which vibrate the ear drum, and then transmit that vibration through the inner ear through conduction of bones using some principle of Hydraulics, then the inner hair cells vibrate based on the frequency of the sound waves using the principle of Resonance in physics. Then through a series of electro-chemical processes the signals are transmitted in the brain for interpretation. That process is too deep to even cover here involving too much laws of physics and chemistry or whatever. Well, do you expect the DNA & basic cell materials to have the intelligence to understand that sound travels in waves and the law of physics as above mentioned? Isn't that even more unbelievable too?

Take the eyes, to have clear vision the DNA in cells again need to know light travels in waves. To see clearly, light waves and photons needed to be converged to a single focus for sharpness. This process is using a law of physics in light called Refraction. When light passes through a curve convex surface, it can be bent and converged to a focus for sharp images. So some basic cells have to understand that to build a soft gel structure, our natural eye lens to do this job. Again the process where those receptor cells convert the light to electro-chemical signals to go through the nerve fibers and neurons are just too complicated to talk about here. To expect the DNA in cells to understand all these to achieve clear vision is probably more improbable than winning a lottery.

These are just some of the most basic of bodily functions which require very complex understanding of physical laws and chemistry. We are not even talking about the much more complex laws involved in the embryo and birth process, not to say the thinking or intellectual processes in our brain. I simply don't think millions of years of evolution from the some protein molecules or basic cells can come up with all the wonders of nature and the universe. I mean do these basic cells made up of quartz, protons, electrons & neurons really have more intelligence than our brain to come up with this grand scheme of intelligence? I mean with all the seeming intelligence of men and their accumulated knowledge and powerful or precision machines such as this computer, we are far from achieving anything these basic cells can do. Think even deeper, if you were one of those basic cells, how on earth you and your tiny bit of existence made up of protons, neutrons, and wildly spinning/vibrating electrons or their sub-atomic particles such as quarks can have the intelligence to understand that there light and sound are made up of different kinds of waves and all the physical and electro-chemical laws to make them work in unison so we have hearing and vision?

I have to concede that there are simply something beyond human ability and beyond human comprehension. Even Einstein himself didn't rule out God nor Newton. Even super bright minds of them and modern scientists can't crack the code of the Grand Unified Theory, a theory of everything. So with my little brain of understanding, I can't rule out a superior intelligence out there. But to each their own. After all, faith is to be lived to feel its reality. That is one thing people can't understand by mere logics and by the limited knowledge we humans have amassed.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    13. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @Scarlet
      Yes, I do pray... It is my life line. God's amazing grace is what sustains me and helps me cope with t. God is in control... after all He is a Sovereign God. :) Here's a verse for you to study and meditate on. May this trial bring you closer to the Lord and never loose your faith in Him who loves you. :)

Deut 8:2-3 (NIV) " Remember how the Lord your God led you all the way in the desert these forty years, to humble you and to test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands. He humbled you... to teach you that man does not live by bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord."

Do you pray? Have a blessed day.

617deef0e94c6e836b2bc1be22739ddc.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    14. JoelS
      Batty

JoelS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Military
      So many very interesting and wonderful responses to this thread. Hope, joy, frustration, faith, lack thereof, desires to believe, seeming feigned apathy to it all, hurt/pain, gratefulness, disappointment, thanksgiving, resentment, passionate faith, and passionate disdain. What wonderful beings we are indeed. So amazingly and wonderfully complex and beautiful....So very, very human...so stunning and breathtaking to ponder and behold. Considering "being" at all is truly a life long subject to ponder and learn from....It is an inexhaustible topic. That we even "are" and are comprised of so many millions and billions of varied cells and chemicals and minerals and proteins that have "somehow" just "knew" how to come together and form and produce the being known as humankind, is nothing short of an unfathomable and incomprehensible deliberate and purposeful act of an Superior Being/Beings.

I believe that the Living Godhead is Love...I believe that They, each one individually, always are and can never be anything but Good and Merciful and Patient, and Gracious and full of tenderness and are Righteous and Just in all that they do. Love. I believe that the Living Godhead loves ALL of mankind and cares very, very deeply and passionately for it. I believe that They care for EACH one of us VERY intimately and specifically, as if we each one are the only ones in the world. Enough so as to have One come down from His High and Lofty Throne of inexpressible glory, to share humankind's express nature: birth, growing, laughing, crying, gain, loss, loving others, sorrow, hopes, desires for good, temptations, anger, struggles, poverty, daily struggles and rejoicings. In order to save as many as will to be saved, from their sin and the bondage to it and the consequence of it (sin), being death.

A Life for a life....that's what was given to ALL humankind. Blood for blood, Breath for breath....Life for death. I believe that the Son of the Almighty Father agreed WITH the Father, in Love, to stand as the Ransom for all mankind; whosoever will receive it, to pay the unstoppable and un-retractable and irreversible consequence of breaking the Covenant between the Godhead and humankind, the command from the Most High, that "the wages of sin is death". God did not bring sin and with it death, into the world. Mankind did. The First Parents exercised their "free moral will" and CHOSE to break the Covenant between themselves and their loving Gods. They chose to believe the lie of the Enemy of ALL dear souls, instead of the Way the Truth and the Life....The Word of God.

God's Word is unfailing and immutable and unchanging. It is Holy and Just and Good. It is Spiritual and it is Love. It cannot be anything other than Love for it proceeds from Love Itself. Is there bad in the world? Yes, very, very much bad is in the world today. Evil even. Did God put the "bad" and the "evil" in the world in the beginning? No, of course not. Mankind did that when it broke the Holy Covenant, even the very Law of God; which is a transcript of the Godhead's character, each One. God is love.

The Adversary; which is the Devil or Satan, and who was once known as Lucifer (which name means "light bearer", NOT Light Giver), was the first rebel. He began his rebellion in Heaven itself because he became exceeding puffed up and full of pride by reason of his beauty and position among the other angels. He coveted the position that was bestowed upon the Son of God by God the Father, that ALL the angels of God (Almighty) should worship and honor the Son, even as they worship and honor the Father. The Adversary became increasingly jealous and envious of the Son of God and started a campaign of lies, subtlety and subterfuge among the angels of God in Heaven.

The Father of Lies refused all counsel to repent of his course of action and to seek forgiveness from God the father and the Son of God, as they had ever and always love them all without partiality. But the fire of jealousy and resentment burned even brighter in his heart, for he desired the one thing that he could NEVER have, and that is to be worshiped as God. In time....a long suffering and merciful and gracious amount of time, the Adversary's rebellion came to its boiling point and was then an open rebellion. It was at that time that war broke out in Heaven. The angels of the Captain of the Host, whose name is Michael; which means "Who is like God" (the Father), for it is not a question but a statement, fought against "the Dragon" and his angels. And they were cast out from Heaven.

The Word of God created ALL of the angels of Heaven. Does that mean that God created evil? Absolutely not. ALL of the Heavenly host are "free moral agents". Before the Rebellion they had free will to either love and obey the Living Godhead of their free will, or break the Holy Covenant between them and their Creators. It was always their choice. None were or even are to this day, automatons/robots. The angels that CHOSE to stay and stood with Christ their Captain made an eternal decision of their free will and were forever sealed in their character by their choice and through Christ Jesus, to serve the Lord.

It is the same today. The Adversary; the Devil or Satan or the Dragon or the Serpent or the Father of Lies, CHOSE to sin against the Living Godhead and break the Holy Covenant, which is the Law of God.

1. He made himself his own god.
      2. He made beauty and position and prestige his idols and set them up in his heart to worship
      3. He took God's name, which was IN him, and used it profanely
      4. He broke the peace and serene loving fellowship that was had between the Godhead and the angels and also between himself and the Godhead and the angels.
      5. He dishonored God the Father and God the Son through his rebellious behavior among the angels in all of Heaven.
      6. He caused his own eventual permanent destruction and that of the angels that fell with him (suicide and murder). Even the charge of murder for ALL the poor souls lost and permanently destroyed from existence will ultimately be laid at his feet.
      7. He broke the "Marriage Covenant" between himself and the Godhead spiritually, by courting and joining himself to "selfishness/pride"
      8. He took that which did not belong to him, which is Glory due the Godhead; especially of God the Son, and robbed the angels of God from Heaven through treachery.
      9. He lied against God the Father and God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, when he went about lying to the angels of God charging God with selfishness and of being arbitrary in Their judgements. Proclaiming that angels were above the need of obeying the Law of God.
      10. He desired (coveted) the position of the Son of God, to be worshiped as God. He still desires that to this day in this world.

The Lord Jesus did not "make me an orphan". But I was one. He did not leave me in the hospital for dead, my birth mother did. God did not make me a sickly child, that was passed on to me from birth and 6,000+ years of degradation in humankind. The Lord did not abuse me in many various ways, because I was sickly, because I was small, because I was not the "right color" for ANYbody, because I was an orphan..etc....others did that. God did not make me do drugs, drink, be promiscuous, be rude and apathetic, cruel, wasteful with life and property, reckless, disrespectful, hurtful, jealous, envious, lie, steal, covet, exalt myself over others even God, attempt at times to kill myself through reckless way, or be an adulterer. I was responsible for my part, and others are responsible for theirs.

Was I at one time; through many points of my life, VERY, VERY angry with God because of ALL that I went through and ALL that I saw going on around me....Yes....Yes indeed......And when I was done being beside my self with my own version of "righteous indignation and extreme "know-it-allism".....The Lord in His ever loving mercy came and sat down right beside me....and he said....Child?.....Are you finished? I want to share something with you about your life and how I have been there WITH you through ALL that you went through; Comforting you, protecting you from worse, encouraging you, loving you, hearing your sighs and marking each one, keeping each and every tear, counting every hair on your head, blessing you with life each day for the Adversary wants to destroy you and lie to you and rob you of what it is that I have made available to you through Me.....Forgiveness of sin and everlasting life!
      If you trust me and believe in my word and obey what I say...you will be forgiven and will have joy...and sorrow....and peace...and temptation..and hope and know despair and be discouraged at time and even feel at times that all is hopeless and the entire world is just an evil and cruel test of some kind......But you just hold fast till I come. Trust in my word. Believe. Obey willingly because you love me; for I first loved you even from your mothers womb. Testify of me when you have opportunity and strength...and...do good...and..as much as it is with in you, be at peace with ALL men. You do these things and all that the Holy Spirit will teach and show you....and I WILL return for you....and all those who are not ashamed of Me and turn from sin to Life and are willing to be washed in my Blood and be made clean and whole. Do not believe the subtlety of the Adversary my child...Faith without works (obedience) is a dead faith.

I believe that the Living Godhead is Love and that They created ALL that is, seen and unseen, because They are love. I believe that Jesus, the Lord God Michael ("Who is Like God", remember), the Captain of the Host, the Prince of Peace, the Lord of Lords, the Wonderful Counselor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the High Priest of Heaven who is even now interceding for us before the Almighty Father, having ascended to heaven as both "flesh and bone", ever to share humanity with His "children"....came INTO this wretched world in order to redeem "whoever will" from the death sentence for sin which is breaking of the Holy Covenant (transgression of the Law of God) (1 John 3:4 and James Chapter 2)

The Adversary causes MUCH, MUCH destruction and illness and mischief and wickedness in this world. But mankind; each individual one of us, must bear our own responsibility for the wrong that we do. We have no right to blame the Lord for the wicked of others. or ourselves.....We are commanded by the Lord to "love one another", "love thy neighbor as thy self", "esteem others GREATER than thyself" , "feed the hungry, cloth the naked, house the homeless, visit the sick and widows and orphans and the lonely and care for those who can't even care for themselves anymore because the Adversary has cause them to destroy their lives. Go....make disciples for me of all of them....and hold fast til I came..."for lo I with the always, even unto the end of the earth"

So....yes...pray and faith in the Lord is at this time the ONLY thing that is keeping me sane and hopeful and not trying to shove sharp objects into my ears, or even use an air horn (which I did actually buy) to make myself deaf. If I didn't know for certain in the depths of my heart that the Living Godhead IS and that They REALLY love ME....well....I don't want to think about it....I'll stick with the happy thoughts and just keep pressing on by God's grace. I don't know what the day is going to be like today. My T creature is still cranking out a 7 to 7 1/2 volume and it's 3:30am. So I have to leave it to the Lord. He bought me, He promised to be the Author AND the finisher" of my faith....so is to say that in some way that my tiny finite mind can't fathom, if what I'm going through with this wretched tinnitus....is actually being used by the Lord to create a deeper and more abiding faith in Him....and a way to share that hope in Christ Jesus to others....Who knows....

God bless you all, yes EVERY single one of you.....in Jesus' name...:)

• Like Like x 1
    15. Sebastians

Sebastians Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Guitars, loud girls and guns
      Can I unbless myself?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    16. Armando

Armando Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      sound
      Hi Scarlet, firstly I'd like to thank you for your courage and for inviting God into the equation. Yes I pray I always did I'm a Christian and what I have found is that in the challenges of tinnitus my relationship with Jesus has become more personal and I lean and rest in his spirit daily. I have lound tinnitus most days and anxiety and depression will creep in and that why I give it all to Jesus daily. If you dont know Him ask Jesus to come into you life and give Him your ears and mind every day and He will get you through. I will be praying for you God bless you and know that God loves you and we know your struggles. Hang in pray and post.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    17. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      I understand that feeling completely. I feel like God is having some mercy on me lately and I hope it will continue. I think He has given me some wisdom as well. My T was lowered this morning which I feel was because of wisdom and mercy that God gave me. Could it come back louder later? Possibly, but hopefully God will give me more grace and mercy even though I don't deserve it. Has your T lessened any?

18. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Every night before bed I remind myself verbally that I am thankful to have been here and had another day, even if it was more difficult and not the day I would have chosen for myself. I then try to connect with one moment from the day where I felt love or joy, and remind myself that I am grateful for that moment. I then ask anyone who is listening (likely just myself) for strength and guidance to continue to move forward, be a good husband/dad/worker/brother/son/cat-owner, to keep going, and maybe eventually find peace if not silence.

This isn't about bargaining with the universe or magic powers or any of that, it's just a willful reflection on the situation I am in and the nature of my life. I still consider this "prayer", and I must find it useful because I've been doing it for years now. Still have tinnitus ;)

• Winner Winner x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    19. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Awesome post, @linearb. We would all do well to reflect daily on being grateful for the blessings we receive (and yes, we do receive them every day, even when we have tinnitus) and how we can give blessing back to others. "Prayer" is just a word. Your daily practice is what connects you in harmony to all humanity. That it should be so throughout the world.

• Agree Agree x 1
    20. terry b

terry b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      counting the years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It happened
      there is no god else little children would simply not get cancer

• Winner Winner x 1
    21. Oli
      Hurting

Oli Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/04/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      God is dead
      - Nietzsche
      I can't ignore the truth even if it's torturing
      God is simply a fancy term to name the laws and matters of the universe
      It's an error to think that he can have a subjective consciousness/personality
      I like the loving teaching of christianity but I find that the Bible is a mess of contradictions so instead of cherrypicking from it I make my own principles based on my experiences. I prefer the hinduist definition of god "Brahmane" because It's simply say that he is everything.
      Brahmane is everything
      Everything is Brahmane
      We are just one living organism (earth) that is deeply all link one to another
      But in our illusion of subjectivity (mind) we lost connection with this truth and now we are destroying ourself (the ecosystem)
      That's the harsh truth we are mutilating ourself by letting the economic system destroy our world just for the sake of fullfilling emotion of power to a couple of people that are trap in their subjective illusion of the objective reality
      So I think praying is indeed like wishing
      Or talking to ourself (because God is everything)

• Like Like x 1
    22. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      @linearb Thats about as well said as anything I've ever read on this forum

23. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      Its more than an error, its a conceit.

• Agree Agree x 2
    24. Zorro!
      Wtf

Zorro! Member

Not going to get into an argument about God but I'll simply say that prayer is a form of meditation. And meditation is good. It helps relieve stress and anxiety, which is something many of us experience in spades. So meditate in whatever form works for you. You will be happier in the long run. Namaste, bitches. ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
    25. alicia_tina

alicia_tina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 8, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Might be Ototoxicity or Unknown
      I am a firm believer in God and Jesus as our Saviour and pray daily, multiple times a day, on the road with my kids as I take them to school we pause and pray, every meal, and especially at night before bed with the kids. Sometimes I also find myself praying throughout the day for different things depending on the day and the situations, I don't only pray for myself but for others as well. This is just me and my faith and how I do things.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    26. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      I do not believe in a God up there, but in my most difficult moments I automatically think about him for some unknown reason (education in childhood, I guess). I agree that praying is a very good form of meditation and calming the brain. When I am too weak for the challenge my mind is flying to him without me wanting to. The thought that someone will intervene and help me strengthens me. That God, that "someone" is....me.
      Hey, fellow T sufferers, didn'T we acquire Jesus qualities and God like powers? Seriously now...
      T made me a saint. I forgive so much from people who insult me and hurt me re my T (doctors included) and I suffer so much, and I got so courageous....I am like God.
      Actually they did a fMRI to people while they were praying and a special area lit in their brain, never lit in other occasions. GOD in an area in our brain, God is in us, we are God.

• Agree Agree x 1
    27. Blackbird26

Blackbird26 Member

I can't believe my answer to this before. Ahahahahahaha .. someone hijack my account?

I don't believe in God.

28. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      If I may ask, did something happen in between your answers?

This is very interesting stuff. Thanks for posting this!

• Like Like x 1