Anyone Cured from TTTS?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Adriel93, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Adriel93

Adriel93 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/22/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Allergies
      It feels like I’ve been having muscle spasms in my ear, whenever I hear a loud sound. Has anyone gotten cured from this?

2. Sebastians

Sebastians Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Guitars, loud girls and guns
      Yeah i had that in my left ear for about two years after my (severe) acoustic trauma. Some loud noises would trigger it, sometimes my own voice, sometimes distinct othet noises (certain notes on my guitar f.ex.). It slowly went away and now i hardly ever notice it.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Mine disappeared sometime between 6 and 12 months after the onset.

• Like Like x 1
    4. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      You still have the tinnitus don't you?

I stick by my opinion that T & H are related but different entities, and at least some resolution of hyperacusis is always a possibility regardless of any treatments taken over and above sensible protection, at least in the beginning.

• Agree Agree x 2
    5. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I got over H and TTTS, but thus far I haven't gotten over T...

How are you feeling, these days?

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      probably better than I expected. The notoriously ototoxic chemo doesn't seem to have done much at the halfway mark. My good ear is fine, and the tone in the bad one has sharpened up a bit, but surprisingly the sound tolerance/H is better overall.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Adriel93

Adriel93 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/22/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Allergies
    8. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I attempted to protect my ears from all of the noises that would my my T and TTTS worse. That included all of the moderate noises (e.g., vacuum cleaner, hair dryer, lawn mower, power tools, blender). This might have promoted healing. Of course I will never know how fast I would have healed had I not done that. It just seemed a logical thing to do, and the feedback from my body had convinced me to keep doing it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    9. Sebastians

Sebastians Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Guitars, loud girls and guns
      Took about two years to go away mostly, but sometimes it still flares up. It’s not painful in my case, just bloody annoying. Time, relaxation, gradual exposure to noises over time, good protection around loud noises, etc made it a non-issue for me now (akthough i still have T of course).
      It never bothered me in sonically challenging environments (nature etc) or when listening to music. Just sudden sounds, my own voice or wriggling my ear with my finger could set it off.

10. japongus

japongus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Two decades with this shit. But I have high and low frequency tinnitus too with it and I doubt my H could go without the T going too, as low frequency tinnitus in my case IS the hyperacusis itself, as it combines with exterior sound. Did
      @Bill Bauer @Sebastians tinnituses stay the exact same level when the hyperacusis to sudden sounds went away?

11. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      There has been some fading, although it has been happening at a glacial speed.

12. japongus

japongus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      What frequency is/was your tinnitus?

13. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I don't know because after I had a bad experience with sites that let you listen to various tones, I decided to never use those sites again.

14. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Had TTTS episodes for a year or so after T started. I think it is connected to the high stress levels we experience after T starts. As I got used to the sounds and was able to sleep a bit better the TTTS disappeared.

• Like Like x 2
    15. Dja
      Mellow

Dja Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fridge, computer fans and lots of annoying sounds and stress
      My TTTS never happens for both ears at the same time. It's always one or the other

16. LulaLula

LulaLula Member

Tinnitus Since:
      unclear
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
    17. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      That's good news I hope mine goes away so I don't have to off myself.
      mine is only present during loud noise or stress.

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Adriel93

Adriel93 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/22/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Allergies
      @LulaLula its going ok. My muscle spasms and H got a lot better. I still get spasms when it’s quite and hear a sudden sound. I hope it continues to get better. Are you getting the same symptoms?

@Contrast i don’t notice it in noisy areas. I notice my H and muscle spasms in the quite when I hear sudden sounds

19. LulaLula

LulaLula Member

Tinnitus Since:
      unclear
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Yes, i have the clicking But it just start, No reaction to sounds. I have no H. Got the clicking from a head trauma. Are you looking into surgery?

20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Adriel93

Adriel93 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/22/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Allergies
      @LulaLula I don’t think so. I heard you can get the muscles cut but ehhhhh I’m afraid that’ll make things hurt.

21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Adriel93

Adriel93 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/22/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Allergies
    22. LulaLula

LulaLula Member

Tinnitus Since:
      unclear
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Make the H worse? I am considering it.

23. Laurie1961
      No Mood

Laurie1961 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dental work
      Try two things--because you are having muscle spasms I think this might help. Apply mustard packs behind your ears, at the base head on the back of the neck and over the place where you are having muscle spasms. (look on line for recipes, essentially equal amounts of mustard powder and flour (coconut flour if you have it on hand but other is okay). Add enough water to make a pancake like consistency (if you have distilled or rain water all the better). Leave on for no more than 20 minutes. Rinse clean. This is helpful also. Make a new body spray- which is about 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water. (use distilled vinegar) if it stings add water. Spray all over. Hands, feet too after washing. Apply to wet or dry hair above the ear and nape of neck, in ears, nostrils and all over the face and body. It oxidizes toxins (metals stuck in the pores). It will make you feel cool as it works. (Vinegar and mustard together or alone is also effective as a foot bath--where toxins eventually end up and build up.)

I know you might dismiss this as unrelated and blame it on head trauma or a loud noise. Those problems can be simply the catalyst that moves heavy metal around from dormancy to high nerve signal areas. Tremor- I had in the beginning of this in my face and toes after dental work that I had a severe reaction to, then I lost my vision, then anxiety and then tinnitus. I lived above a loud base music playing neighbor and the sound made me ill. I had this happen another time riding in my son's car and getting a listen to his new speaker system- It made me sick and I had a nose bleed to go with it. This is because I had a mouth full of mercury that drained it and metals into my ears and sinuses all night, plus metal from surgeries in my hip that had to be removed due to failure of the part. Maybe you had braces and not a filling in your mouth. Maybe you had white dental fillings--those contain lead. Maybe you ate food that had a high content or had one too many shots that contained metal/mercury. This pushed your bodies tolerance over the edge--like your gut, your kidneys and liver can only handle so much. D3 for kidneys. B12 and B3 help. Dandelion root helps the liver. Once you start seeing some results, you will be able to feel and see mercury build up in your hands and feet because the veins swell, abnormally. Detox these too and your gut. Good Luck.

• Like Like x 1
    24. AmericanJosh

AmericanJosh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise exposure while doing work on home
      Hi - Everything you stated is unsupported by current scientific research. Mercury in your teeth has no effect on your body or mind. That's been proven time and again.

25. Laurie1961
      No Mood

Laurie1961 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dental work
      Isaac syndrome--metals and mercury : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4184598/

tinnitus reported in exposure to mercury https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2426005/pdf/postmedj00229-0004.pdf

Dentist attitude toward amalgams https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5114813/
      Mercury exposure and early effects: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12197264
      @AmericanJosh
      Minamata Convention on Mercury --and international treaty by the UN phasing out harmful mercury including use in dangerous amalgams: http://www.mercuryconvention.org/Portals/11/documents/conventionText/Minamata Convention on Mercury_e.pdf
      @AmericanJosh ----I love people who state bull as if it were fact!