Anyone Else Get That Reverberating Sound As Well? Help Please!

Discussion in 'Support' started by flkb, Oct 21, 2014.

1. flkb
      Amazed

flkb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2012
      It started about a half day ago but on top of my regular T noise of a high pitch EEEE noise, there is now what I can describe as a louder sound of a washer/dryer on really fast spin cycle reverberating in my left ear. Its starting to freak me out. It's 1am and the sound is keeping me up. I've heard this before a while back but not to this intensity. I was wondering if anyone else has/had this too. Its not my blood pulsing sound since it's a much much faster wobble wobble sound. I'm hoping the unrest in weather patterns this week maybe contributing to this new sound, or at least that's what I tell myself. I'd rather not go back to a doctor only to be told there's nothing they can do. I've had an MRI in 2012 and hearing checked and nothing wrong. The last thing I want to do is start googling these new symptom/sound. I'm starting dieting tomorrow. Maybe its my blood preasure or something? Anxiety starting to creep up. Thanks for any help or advice.

2. AntonR
      Balanced

AntonR Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Very likely a temporary weird spike, don't worry about it too much it will likely pass.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      flkb
      Amazed

flkb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2012
      Thank you. Its just so much louder than my high pitch noise, like my ear is vibrating deep inside. It's difficult to mask.

4. Lisa Robinson
      Depressed

Lisa Robinson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      That's what I am getting on top of my tinnitus before. Though mines making some sounds, sound echo :(

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      flkb
      Amazed

flkb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2012
      I'm hoping and praying its just a weird spike for both of us and it will pass.
      Do your ears feel kind of full too?

6. Lisa Robinson
      Depressed

Lisa Robinson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      Yeah full they haven't ever been before :( also popping ears. Do your ear sound echo? Scared I'm the only one.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      flkb
      Amazed

flkb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2012
      I've had the echo thing before. It was a while back. I remember my friend talking to me and their voice would echo a higher pitch in my ear, like bad microphone feedback. It went away on its own after while.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      flkb
      Amazed

flkb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2012
      People tell me its the storm (s) that are coming that's affecting my T. I hope that's all it is..

9. Lisa Robinson
      Depressed

Lisa Robinson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      I really hope mine does. Been about a week now and driving me mad thinking I am gonna go deaf even though haven't got any hearing problems and hope I dont get any. :( Just dull full ears at the minute and this tinnitus over the top of the other tinnitus.

10. Lisa Robinson
      Depressed

Lisa Robinson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      Haha storms are coming to australia I was told.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      flkb
      Amazed

flkb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2012
      My hearing checked out normal too so it kind of freaks me out when new sounds/sensations arise...

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    12. Lisa Robinson
      Depressed

Lisa Robinson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      Mine was tested in April in England so been refered to an ENT in australia so let's hope it's fine still.

13. Kopesy
      English

Kopesy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'll never know
      Hello there, it's crazy to see someone else with the same problems as when I first got my T! The whole spin cycle thing, sounded like my washing machine was on constantly! I googled it back when it started & found nothing :( after a few weeks the sounds went & I haven't heard them since. Interesting that you have it in your left ear, do you have your T in your right ear normally?

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      flkb
      Amazed

flkb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2012
      Hi Kopesy. Yes, I have T in both ears. The dryer sound is just in my left ear though. Also my T is much louder in the left ear too---not sure if that's coincidence or some connection. Googling it solved nothing but just increase my anxiety. Did you do anything to stop the dryer noise?

15. Kopesy
      English

Kopesy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'll never know
      See I just have it my right ear with the occasional occurance in my left. I too was really scared, got to the point where it almost sounded like a plane engine! I literally just tried relaxing (annoying advice to hear I know!), just took up a bit of running & stopped sneaking off upstairs to cover my ears & listening for it & it just kinda faded away. Might possibly be due to anxiety as it wasn't long after I actually developed Tinnitus & was all over the place :S

• Like Like x 1
    16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      flkb
      Amazed

flkb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2012
      I will try taking walks and such. Relaxing is the best advice but it is hard---especially at night when you're laying in bed. If there was a 24/7 mall, I would have been there walking all night. Lol
      Thanks for sharing your story...

17. LoNicot
      Panicky

LoNicot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1971
      I get that vibrating noise too, when I'm calling someone: I've got the phone on my right ear, I hear their phone ringing in the receiver, and the vibrating is in my left ear. It's in pace with the ringing. very weird. I asked my GP about it and she just shrugged.

• Like Like x 1
    18. Brenda61

Brenda61 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unk
      So it's April 2016 I was wonder if anybody else will still follow the thread. I've had this problem in my ear for over a month now but the doctor said there's nothing wrong with it after doing more research on the exact sound which sounds like reverberation and Echo. I found several articles and issues and the closest I could come to the problem was a shock. Skin flaking off in your ear dry skin as you get older flakes off in your ear and creates a barrier the skin that tickles the hairs inside your ear canal. I started using an over the counter earwax removal and it works for a few days almost a week the kit comes with a medication that lubricates and gets rid of the skin and wax. It seems to work for almost a month.

19. Brenda61

Brenda61 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unk
      This is what I used in my ear I do it once a month now. It seems to help a lot. The noise is obnoxious and irritating. But it seems to work

Attached Files: