Anyone Else with Hyperacusis Still Drink Alcohol?

Discussion in 'Support' started by snez, Aug 1, 2017.

1. snez

snez Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      no clue
      Hi,

I have been drinking wine and sparking wine for many years without any kind of effect on my ears, even when l had a binge session l would only suffer with tiredness the next day.

While l am drinking l feel so normal it only hits me the next day and the morning is the worst.

Now when l have my usual amount my ears feel so heavy and full and my sound sensitivity is so much worse the next 2 days and then settles down.

Now l feel like l can't drink anymore and l love my few glasses of wine over the weekends.

Does anyone else find alcohol makes their Hyperacusis worse?

How much do you drink and what do you drink?

It makes me feel so sad to think l can't enjoy drinking without being anxious of how l am going to feel the next day. My daughters are going away for a month on a school camp and l was really looking forward to have nice dinners and good wine with my husband but now l feel like it's all ruined by my bloody ear problems.

2. bekker

bekker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise / festival
      When Im drunk my ears are less sensitive. Voices and other sounds hurts less. But the days after i feel my ears more then before.

I think the H Will be less if you take a rest the couple of weeks. And put in Some earplugs with loud sounds.

3. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      I've not found it to make much difference, in reasonable quantities. Sometimes though, I've found that a decent hangover-level binge will induce it the day after.

4. Marc22
      Wtf

Marc22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      exposure to broken muffler noise
      I've had h. 21 years, and during that time alcohol never hurt my ears, and I drank A LOT (because of my h. and other miseries). However that might be changing because the last time I drank, just a few ounces of vermouth, it definitely made my ears worse. That was a month ago, and I haven't touched a drop since. But cravings are coming back. Even if I indulge, luckily I don't drink much, it just makes me fall asleep usually.Getting the alcool is another problem now, because all 5 stores near me who supply are either noisy or near very busy streets.

Because of these cravings I once had a bad setback a couple of months ago, because I just NEEDED to get some alcool, and crossed a busy street thus hurting myself. Yet when I do get some, I only consume about 450ml of 7% sweet type drink or equiv.. You would think that with the cravings I would , like, consume at least a bottle of wine ( or large container gut rot 8-10% cheap beer), which used to be the norm every night about 10-15 years ago. So that is a mystery.

:beeranimation:

Marco

5. Sen
      Caffeine

Sen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dunno
      I haven't had any alcohol in nearly 3 years now. It makes me extremely sick, much more than it did before my health problems. Nausea, dizziness and headaches increase significantly, even from small amounts, and can stay worse for days or weeks afterward.

It just demolishes me, and feels really hard on my body.

6. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      i have drank with t and h..

but for other health reasons .. never again

7. Marc22
      Wtf

Marc22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      exposure to broken muffler noise
      Had 4 little beers since my last post here, and definitely messed me up!

I was watching this movie last night, Bozs'N'Hood,and all these Afro-American gang types are downing these big 1 liter bottles of 8-10% gutrot beer during the day. That is what I used to drink, except not during the day. Can't believe that my body could easily take that punishment. Now, no, and I am glad!

Marco