Anyone Else with the Static Steam Hissing?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Constable85, Dec 1, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. Lately the static type hissing in my right ear has been annoying me. I have a classic tonal tinnitus in both ears (more loud in the left), a "wind" noise in my left, and a static hiss that can sort of wind itself around and sometimes sounds chopped up like a morse code in my right ear. Just wondering how many others out there have the static hiss thing. I can notice it anywhere, sounds like a light stream of steam being let out of my head. I think if I could get rid of any of my "head noises" it would be the static steam hiss. T is so stupid.

2. Hariz Nonis
      Sleepy

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      I too have that 'Steam' hiss sound in my ear. Usually when I hear that, I don't hear my normal T.

3. SteveSkis92
      Dumb

SteveSkis92 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity from Electronic Cigarettes (Propylene Glycol)
      The static steam hiss is the only T noise I hear most of the time. Occasionally I'll get a low frequency rumble, but that's more a sensation than a noise (although I do hear the rumble.) My T started in both ears and has slowly moved into primarily my right ear. On bad days, my left will hiss a little, and my right will hiss with a tone overtop.

4. Natalie Roberts
      Depressed

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      Mine is similar to a high pitched static or electrical static noise. It's usually whats most prevelant but then can turn into a high pitched ring from time to time also.