Anyone Experienced a Spike from Chamomile Tea?

Discussion in 'Support' started by HighStrung, Jan 4, 2016.

1. HighStrung

HighStrung Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      So yesterday was really quiet. Usually for me the noise is loud in the morning, but yesterday it was almost silent when I woke up. It was pretty quiet all day. I felt a chest cold coming on, so I did some reading about what I can take, and found a few recommendations for Chamomile tea, since it has no caffeine. One guy even said his T went away thanks to Chamomile tea. So I tried some with a spoonful of honey.

The T spiked a couple of hours.
      I concluded it must be the honey, since sugar seems to give me a spike often.
      I tried another cup of tea without honey before bed.
      The T spiked like crazy!
      It's been 7 hours since I had the second cup, T is still loud enough that I could only sleep for about three hours, and that's only because I took .125mg of clonazepam after trying for two hours to sleep.

Has anyone else had a spike from Chamomile tea? How long did it last?

2. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      chamomile is generally well tolerated, and it's never caused me any issues. However, it is a (very mild) gabaergic drug, which means that it might be interacting with the Klonopin you take. It's probably not a good idea to mess with chamomile or any other GABA drug, while you're taking prescription benzos.

• Informative Informative x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      HighStrung

HighStrung Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Thanks! I've been taking .0625mg clonazepam almost daily for six weeks. I doubled that last night to try to get some sleep. I'd like to quit taking it altogether, but it does help with sleeplessness and anxiety (usually). I wonder if I can start taking it every other day, then every 3 days for a couple of weeks each to get off of it.

4. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      Never had issues with herbal teas, and at times I drink a lot of it.. 2 to 4 cups a day.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1