Anyone get darting/moving tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by mick1987, Feb 11, 2014.

1. mick1987
      No Mood

mick1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Perfectly fine with my regular tinnitus, but there is one type that I get in the evening, morning sometimes which baffles me?

Its constantly moving tinnitus, rapidly going up and down like a washing machine, sometimes sounds like a light saber being waved around my head, like a humming noise that goes like "wuw,wuw,wuw,wu,wu,wu" noise, lol. Its not pulsatile tinnitus because it isn't in beat with my pulse,its rapid?

Luckily its only at nighttime it comes on,but it would be highly annoying if it happened all the time (touch wood it doesn't!)

Anyone else got moving/darting tinnitus? What causes it?

2. Sailor101

Sailor101 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      Yes, every morning, when I get out of bed, I hear ocean like sounds.

3. mikey13
      Mellow

mikey13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/ 2014
      yes,I get something similar now and then. it will go from a low hum/hiss type of thing to a "eeee EEEEEEE eeEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEeeEEeEeEeeeeEEEE" type of thing now and then. I think that's the most annoying part. if it would stay at one level,it wouldn't be so bad,you could get used to it quicker. but when it starts fluctuating....

also,sometimes I'll hear it in my right ear,then it seems to mve into the middle of my brain,affecting the left ear little too,before settling back into my right ear again.again,annoying,as if it would stay in one place,habituaton would be easier. but I'm driving and suddenly it moves from over here to over there! kinda hard to ignore that,at least for now!

4. demi
      No Mood

demi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2012
      I get this too. Mine happens anytime of the day though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      mick1987
      No Mood

mick1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Thanks for your replies, the humming, darting noise moves all over my head, it's weird. It doesn't sound like tinnitus, its like I can hear my brain working, it is completely separate from the regular noise. oh tinnitus..your such a mystery!