Anyone Got a Kind Word to Give?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ayoshen, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Ayoshen

Ayoshen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2015
      Hi guys, this is my first post... :) I guess I'd better get right into it. Going through all these threads I realize I really have nothing to complain about in comparison to some of you, but here's the story:

So I'm a 20 year old Czech girl. A month ago I went to a 4-day music festival with my friends and shortly after that I began to notice a ringing sound in my left ear, kind of like an old dial-up internet connection, for those of you who remember that glorious time. It was very, very subtle and I could only hear it when falling asleep in total silence, and even then -- when I rolled on my side or just put and earplug in my ear, it went away, and so I wasn't bothered by it all that much. Still I decided to go see a doctor and get it checked out.

My hearing appears to be completely fine in both ears. Sure, you can tell I've been listening to loud music, but that's about it. It's not tragic by any means. The doctor managed to find this out before I promptly collapsed right in the exam room and when I woke up, she was understandably distressed and sent me to get all sorts of tests done -- EEG, EKG, an X-Ray etc. Apparently my blood pressure was (and still is) astonishingly low, which they only found out about after I passed out while she was fiddling with my ear. And honestly, I'm not too worried about that.

What bothers me is that since I fainted the sound has gotten so much worse. I'm not sure whether it's because I keep focusing on it now or whether my condition actually worsened, but I can't block it out anymore no matter what I do. It's been 5 days and I have not had a moment of silence. It's not too bad, but every day I break down eventually because I cannot stand the thought of it never stopping. I wake up and I think, huh, this isn't that bad, I can live with this, and as the day progresses I get more and more miserable until I want to jump down a flight of stairs, and I keep making myself angry thinking I'm only 20 years old and I don't deserve this when I've barely started living.

I'm waiting for the results of all the tests to come back and I'm getting an echo test done tomorrow because they think there might be something wrong with my heart, but the only thing I care about is this sound. I'm counting down the minutes until I can go back and ask about it because I can't do this. I can't stand this any longer, I need quiet. Dear god, tell me it doesn't have to be permanent. I'd be able to sleep at night if I only knew there is a treatable cause for it. I can't do this for the rest of my life, I just can't. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

If anyone can help get me through the night in any way, it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and stay strong all of you

:thankyousign:

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Barbara777

Barbara777 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2015
      Ayoshen, try to stay calm. Getting so upset will only make the ringing seem louder. Try listening to some sounds, such as nature sounds or water sounds, when you are trying to sleep or in a quiet room. There is a chance that your ringing may go away. Try reading some of the success stories. When I feel down about my T, I read them and they make me feel better. I know this is an upsetting time, but things will get better.

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Of course your T may go away. It could also be caused by blood pressure or perhaps low blood pressure too. I'm wondering if they put you on medication once discovering you have low blood pressure? The medication perhaps is part of it? Or when you collapsed at the Drs office did you bang your head? This also could cause it.
      But I'm sure this is the way everyone was in the beginning - like you panicked. Everyone thought they couldn't live with it. It's the way everyone reacts in the beginning. This noise may settle down or go away as its early days. But rest assured many are living happily anyway. You will be fine.

4. bertzrache

bertzrache Member

You should be treated as acute tinnitus has to be treated which means infusions and maybe hyperbaric oxygen chamber. It's still acute means there is some hope...

5. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      It's so fresh it may go away..stick to this positive thought :) If you could sleep easily not hearing it and now you do, that's probably because it changed indeed, but 5 days is so little it can still go away. Unfortunately, you cannot worry about it if you want to keep it down :/ I'd say it's more important why you fainted and if all is fine with you heart and blood vessels. Anyway, both things may be linked.