Anyone Had Any Benefit from Switching Salt (Sodium Chloride) to Substitute (Potassium Chloride)?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JasonP, May 8, 2017.

1. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      This could be a stretch here but I have read on here from a few people that sodium (usually in the form of salt) can increase tinnitus. I have also read where sodium channel blockers have helped some with reducing their tinnitus. On the flip side, I have read where potassium channel openers have helped people with tinnitus. As some of you know, potassium and sodium are both needed by the body, but I have read a few sources where the average American eats too much sodium and not enough potassium.

Is it possible that switching to a salt substitute such as potassium chloride, consuming more potassium rich foods, and reducing sodium could help lower some people's tinnitus?

I don't want people to get carried away though and take too much potassium or too low sodium as it can be dangerous. All I am saying is that within a reasonable daily diet type switch could this work?

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Okay, I just found out this thread where "Sandy B" mentioned that her tinnitus goes down when she eats potassium rich foods:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/what-i-have-used-to-help-me-with-my-tinnitus.3216/

Anyone else have this result? Keep in mind though, too much potassium can be deadly. To those reading this, please don't overdo anything.

Potassium Chloride is used in certain salt substitutes but it is also used for lethal injections. It can be very dangerous!!