Anyone had this?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ilija, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Ilija
      Breezy

Ilija Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud gig/year of loud headphone usage.
      Here I am posting again, since I got my Tinnitus back in mid august it has dropped significantly, going so far as to since yesterday I can barely hear it in a quiet room, even when wearing my headphones that sort of cancel noise it's faint.
      This has made me believe even more that mine is temporary, why else would it lower as much as 80% in only 2 months.
      My bother is that I can hear sound being emitted from TV's or PC's, Projectors, Some copy machines and so on.
      I read somewhere that a person can have sensitivity to magnetic waves but I doubt it's that.
      My own theory is that I made my limbic system overwork from all the stress and panic so now I have a sort of an enhanced hearing, also ringing,squealing, and sounds like that are more amplified I don't know if this is my nerves still being worn out or the enhanced hearing.
      One possibility is Ear Recruitment but as Dr. Nagler explained to me I would then hear the sounds really really loud or not at all.
      Don't know if it's hyperacusis, can hyperacusis make certain sounds only higher and not all?
      Phonophobia seems to be a possibility I fear the sound so my brain amplifies it because it's still threatened.
      Any of you had this, I've seen a lot of people get this kind of thing mainly because the frequency reminds them of the Tinnitus.
      Also It's decreased from before went from an eeeeeeee to a sort of a deep test beep sound.
      Also I've noticed it gets lower after I work out or shower or sleep or generally think about something else for a while.
      I'm starting to worry a bit that even if the Tinnitus goes away it'll never fully go because of this, maybe this is reminding my brain that it has Tinnitus making it harder to let go?
      I should go see an audiologist but I can't at the moment due to several reasons, the most important one being locating one that knows his stuff.
      I'd appreciate any thoughts on this.
      Thank you :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Ricky81
      Worried

Ricky81 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 14, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Assault/Contusion/Ear Infection
      Did you get a full MRI BRAIN and Ear MRI? I think thats a start.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ilija
      Breezy

Ilija Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud gig/year of loud headphone usage.
      Nope, I'll see if I can money is a bit of a problem there.
      The last two ENT's I went to said that it's probably the nerves still being sensitive to stuff.
      A friend of mine says he had it too, said his ent told him he's just sensitive to the frequency he has hearing loss on or something like that I don't know.
      I'm mostly sure about it being due to me listening for everything and being scared 24/7 so the limbic system kicked up the hearing on some frequencies, this is further backed up by the fact that the moment I focus on something else like playing a game or something I can't hear it, also goes for the relaxing part too.
      I'll wait and see, I'm mostly sure it'll pass in time when Tinnitus began I could hear way more stuff like crickets and bees and stuff and cars that are really far away.
      I could hear air conditioners on the other side of the hospital I went to.
      Who knows maybe if I didn't go full panic/depressed mode my Tinnitus and this would be gone by this time.
      Oh well, I'm still rather positive the Tinnitus is not ultra reactive to loud sounds and such, plus it's lowering a lot mostly it'll be like no change in 2 weeks then a sudden drop.
      Right now unless I'm in complete silence,thinking about it and imagining it,or wearing noise cancelling headphones I can't hear it over the TV or PC.
      I can even read a book in almost complete silence :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      your situation sounds almost identical to mine except that my T dropped 90% 2 days after getting it. We dont know why some fade, and others dont although i say mine faded cause i gave my ears complete rest after the exposure to heal and even some monthes after. The fact is, i still have T and believe i always will and if i dont protect, my Unaudible t will get louder and louder. Its the reality when you get T, i know everyone wants it too go away, but the way i see it, is that as low as mine and yours is.. Does it emotionally still effect you? Ive came to realization that my T itself like the noise does not effect me in any way, cause only one reason.. I cant hear it barely. And i dont think i ever sat in complete silence, i always got a ceilin fan or tv on and Just like yours, you say you cant hear it. So even "if" ours were to go, would we really stop worying about getting it back and just go out and blow out our ears some more? No we know what t is and how it can be caused so we would still for the rest of our lives protect our ears, avoid concerts ( i know i will) and be careful cause even if T "goes away" i believe it can come back even worse the next time.. There was a few people on here that are examples. So basically all my advice is to you, and myself is that were basically living with no T ( cause ours is extremely mild) and it doesnt effect us no different then someone with no T, but the difference between us and someone with no T is that we know the dangers of noise and can prevent For the future.