Anyone Have Anxiety in Their Sleep?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Florida John, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Florida John

Florida John Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise, and possible head trauma
      Anyone have anxiety in their sleep? Ok so you wake up at anytime, and immediately you feel it, even before you have time to think anything, mine is a whole body, edgy, agitation like feelings, alot of times i listen for Tinnitus and its baseline, but this anxiety gets it going before long! I am running out of options, any help would be appreciated as this is ruining my life!

2. maltese
      Batty

maltese Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Club
      I had similar symptoms in the first 2 months after the onset, but more extreme. I used to wake up with a full blown anxiety attack.

Do you use some kind of sound enrichment at night? It helped me a lot, later my brain somehow stopped reacting like that to tinnitus (except when my T is very intrusive).

3. 3ri0w

3ri0w Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2012, H 2016, 12/2018(?)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noises, ringing came back 12/2018 after 1year of silent
      I wake up like 5-10 times a night..has been this way for 6 months. Sleeping medicines don't help, they only help to fall asleep, not stay asleep. Once a week or two I get uninterrupted sleep.

• Useful Useful x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Florida John

Florida John Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      yes I listen to waves and water sounds, not sure whats going on with me, its like just really bad anxiety, even before i have time to worry about anything! I have to get up and go for a walk which helps a little, but I have anxiety all day and walk a lot

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Florida John

Florida John Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      sounds a lot like me, last night I went to bed at 730,,,woke approx 5-10 times during a 10 to 11 hr span

6. 3ri0w

3ri0w Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2012, H 2016, 12/2018(?)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noises, ringing came back 12/2018 after 1year of silent
      Not nice :(

7. Elinor
      No Mood

Elinor Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure and barotrauma
      I get nocturnal panick attacks sometimes. They seem to be stress-related and happen during periods where I've been more worried and stressed. I randomly wake up with a racing heartneat and anxiety, sometimes I get tremors too. It was terrifying in the beginning, but it has been going on and off for a couple of years now so I know it's nothing to worry about. Still, it's extremely annoying and ruins a good night's sleep. Avoiding stress works for me, but it's not always possible.

I think melatonin amplifies these attacks too. Might be something to consider if you take melatonin too.

8. Tweaker
      Transparent

Tweaker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I sometimes hear my heart racing and pounding when I awake in the night, but I usually calm myself down a bit by just breathing slowly and deeply for a minute or two. It doesn't happen often now as my tinnitus is so bad these days that I no longer feel surprised when I awake in the night to hear it screaming. I think it's the shock of suddenly waking up and hearing the tinnitus when you have been tuned out of it whilst your asleep.