Anyone Relate?? Is It Possible I'm Imagining My Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Worried9, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Worried9

Worried9 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Earwax
      Hey guys,
      Quick story/question. On March 26th, I suffered an ear wax impaction in my left ear that left me with ringing in my left ear at about a 6 on the 1-10 scale (10 being the worst). I went to get the ear wax suctioned on March 28th, and after the ear wax was removed the tinnitus in the left ear stopped completely. I remember taking a hearing test after the removal and I passed completely, no hearing loss and no ringing whatsoever.

However, later that day, I began to think to myself "thank god the ringing in my left ear is gone, hope it doesn't come in my right ear" and what do you know, I began to hear a ringing in my right ear. However, this ringing is not as loud (about a 2.5/10) and is pretty easily covered through daily background noise. Sleeping is sort of a challenge though, as i can hear it pretty well in the quiet.

My right ear is completely clean and was not cleaned out during the ear wax removal process. I have not been exposed to any loud noises, and my hearing is fine, and I'm relatively young (18). Therefore, it seems like there's absolutely no reason for the T to be in my right ear now.

Basically, I'm wondering if A. It's possible that my brain is creating these noises and I'm not actually hearing them. Or B. If the noise is actually there and for some reason the T moved to my right ear.

Have any of you guys seen or heard anything about something like this? Does anyone have experience with this situation?

Appreciate any help.

2. Poyraz

Poyraz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzos, Stress, Anxiety, Loud Music, Jaw Problems. Who knows
      I'm also thinking about it. When I first heard the sound in my left ear I thought that It is was going to be permanent. Now I have tinnitus for the last two months.

3. Simon Williams

Simon Williams Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/31/2016
      OMG! Same here.. It cam on in Feb2016.. I had wax removal.. All clear with no noise etc... Next day It came back on again!!

4. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I wonder as well. I got all freaked out when I first got it (from an outer ear infection 2 months ago) and googled it and have it kind of what you are saying. It was bad in the beginning and now it's just in silent areas or at night (very hard to sleep).

5. Kirsty87
      Worried

Kirsty87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm not sure whether I'm imaging mine at times. My ear rings occasionally for short periods, but this week it's been going 3 days non-stop. However, it's been getting quieter and quieter to the point that I thought it had gone this morning. I listened hard and heard nothing. Then, as I got to work, I listened again and could hear it! Really can't tell sometimes if I'm imagining that I'm hearing it... it makes you feel crazy :-(