Anyone Willing to Do a 2-Week Study!

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Laperson, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Laperson

Laperson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi,

My mother has had tinnitus for about 12 years now and she always said anything spicy hot would bring her tinnitus down especially cayenne pepper.

I was wondering if anyone would like to participate in taking cayenne capsules for at least 2 weeks and documenting if they have any success? I would like to get as many participants as possible and all start on the same day so we can keep this as scientific as possible.

Amazon has cayenne fruit capsules:

Amazon US:
      Spring Valley - Cayenne Fruit 40,000 STU, Whole Herb, 100 Capsules

Amazon UK:

-M

2. nookie

nookie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2006
      I would go for it. Problem is i can't participate until end of january since im will be on vacation

3. bob

bob Member

Did a google search, quite a few things about T and cayenne pepper. Might be interested after the holidays.

4. Fish
      Balanced

Fish Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2012
      Just a theory, spicy food might help clearing sinuses and eustachian tubes, thus improving ear function and allevating tinnitus symptoms... :)

5. mock turtle

mock turtle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/26/1992...habituated after 2 years; 11/04/11 new outbreak
      Laperson...interesting idea you have

im interested and would probably be willing

how much cayenne pepper would you want the "experimetees" to take ..how many times a day

i used to mix a lot of black pepper in tomato juice...would that be an ok way to ingest it or is the protocol cayenne with water...or on an empty stomach...hmmmm that could be rough

im gonna guess that hot spicy food has an effect on the circulatory system similar to niacin...just a guess

best wishes
      mt

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Laperson

Laperson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I think if we all take the same amount and try to agree on the same brand and all start to take it at the same time it will be a more controlled scientific study. We who have to tinnitus could take a little bit more control over a study that could in the end help us and other's who have tinnitus.

After the holidays would be a great time to start :) Lets all agree on a date.

Amazon has cayenne fruit capsules:

Amazon US:

Amazon UK:

Participants so far, pls respond to this thread to join,

Nooky
      Bob
      Shelley
      Fish
      Mock Turtle

7. mock turtle

mock turtle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/26/1992...habituated after 2 years; 11/04/11 new outbreak
      Laperson,, sounds good to me

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Laperson

Laperson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I suppose if we get the capsules we could take it like he suggest 1/16 of a teaspoon 3 times a day. Not sure how everyone will feel about it? I'm sure a lot better if it helps :)

-M

9. SickoMicko
      Arsewit

SickoMicko Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/02/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection or the medication to cure it.
      Laperson, I try it too. Right now I'm in Phase II with Neuromonics, week 4 of Korean Herbs, trying "I who love music's" brain retraining approach (which makes to most sense), and now I 'll give the cayenne a try. Am I anxious to get better, you better believe I am, so count me in. SickMick

10. SickoMicko
      Arsewit

SickoMicko Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/02/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection or the medication to cure it.
      I just realized that all the posts concerning taking cayenne fruit powder 3 times a day were posted 2 years ago which lead me to 2 conclusions: First, I am not very observant , and Second, the cayenne turned out not to work so well.

• Funny Funny x 1