Anyone with Experiences Regarding High Frequency Tinnitus and It Dropping to Manageable Levels?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Believin' Steven, May 12, 2017.

1. Believin' Steven
      Cowboy

Believin' Steven Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Prolonged use of in ear headphones during sleep
      Hello once again. About a week ago my T ramped up from a mild tone to a high frequency after not taking care of myself and continuing to abuse my hearing through earphones and headphones. It is essentially unmaskable and hard to sleep.

Has anyone's high frequency T maybe dropped in frequency, tone or volume? Because at the moment I am very pessimistic with all these horror stories.

2. Wojtek Kalka
      Badass

Wojtek Kalka Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very loud concert.
      Yes mine current spike is dropping after 7 weeks finally a bit, but I take very good care that I get enough sleep, always run around with earplugs where noise could be loud, eat healthy, do sports etc no coffeine, no coke, only tea and water, stretching, massages... it is still far away from my usual baseline but I think 40%-50% less than in the beginning of the spike. Sleep is very important, I mask it a lot with cricket sounds and frequencies who blend it out for 1-2 minutes.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. Kibakiru
      Creative

Kibakiru Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 28 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown | PT: Unknown
      For sure. My tinnitus is a combination of a high pitch dog whistle, a dentist drill, and an overlay of static (throw in some pulsatile tinnitus as well). I know that the sounds I hear in my head aren't what most normal people can stand to listen too, so I guess it is considered severe, but I'm pretty much habituated to it now. Though in the recent weeks, my tinnitus has started lowering its volume after I made a conscious effort to change some things. It only started happening when I gave up all the things that would damage my ears, like headphones (they're not worth the risk at all, especially not when your tinnitus is caused by noise exposure). I also experimented with my diet and kept up my exercise. But I think giving my ears a break was what helped the most.

My tinnitus actually shut off last night for an hour and a half and I cried because I forgot what silence was like until then. So I still have my bad days, it's just that the good days have become more frequent.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2