Apple Cider Vinegar Works

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by .bill, Jan 10, 2018.

1. AZeurotuner

AZeurotuner Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Wow, that's pretty wild... I'm gonna pick some acv up at the store today. Curious, what was the cause of your T?

2. illegalmonkey77
      Fine

illegalmonkey77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/20/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely due to fluid in ears, and then it just stuck around.
      I'm not really sure.

I had been wearing my headphones at work much more for weeks prior to getting T. I primarily listened to talk shows and such though and wasn't blasting it, but my headphones were closed so it would muffle everything around me extremely well, which also meant it could very well have made the inner sound I listened to that much louder. I forget when I actually noticed the loud ringing sound but it was on October 20th, 2017 for sure, and it is only in my right ear. The audiologist I saw a month later said it's unusual for noise induced T to only be in 1 ear though.

I went to my GP about a week after 10/20/2017 and she did say both ears had fluid in them, so that's the other thing that may have caused it. Maybe I had it all along but never noticed until the fluid build up made it spike? The audiologist guessed maybe the fluid started it and then it just kind of stuck around after. So that's all I really have as far as what may have caused it.

3. AZeurotuner

AZeurotuner Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Well either way I'm glad it's having an impact on your T, hopefully it can do something for me as well (noise induced).

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      .bill

.bill Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      from ear infection
      @illegalmonkey77 interesting and glad to see its helped. After mine went silent I thought skipping a few days would be ok. No my T is real mild but its there so I went back to every day avc and it this morning went silent again. Guess once ya start ya can't quit.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Avi8rix

Avi8rix Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1-11-18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluid behind ear drum
      Hello, this is my first post on here and I started ACV yesterday and just read this one this morning. I have only noticed my T for a little over a week now after fluid built up behind my eardrums from a cold. I haven’t slept in 5 days (finally maybe a Little last night with lots of fan noice going)

I feel so defeated y’all and I feel like it just started. I went to two doctors this past week and I’m simply on nasal steroids. I fear the antibiotics is what started it (coincidence it started the day after I started taking them?)

Anyway, after three days of trying every home remedy, I saw one for ACV and I had some braggs in the cupboard I use to take for weight loss. Needless to say, I woke up a little more hopeful today and then I stumble across this feed. I think it’s a sign I need to keep down the ACV path. I hope when the fluid completely clears up, so will the ringing.

I work around airplanes and heavy machinery so now I’m way more aware of caring for my hearing. I feel for every single person who has to go thru this! I can’t imagine dealing with this much longer. It’s going to throw me into a severe depression. I haven’t been out of the house in days now cuz I’m so tired.

Ok enough. Think happy thoughts of ACV! Thanks y’all.

• Like Like x 2
    6. Agrajag364

Agrajag364 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Avi8rix what antibiotic were you on when it started? Mine started one day after taking amoxicillin even though that's not supposed to be one of the ototoxic ones..though only in the ear where I had an ear wax impaction.

7. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      • Like Like x 3
    8. buzzinfolsom

buzzinfolsom Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @illegalmonkey77 I have fluid in my right ear & thats where my T is loud.Doc gave me antibiotics and i am afraid to take them if it makes my T worse.I am still on the acv routine and i dont seem to notice it during the day but night time is another ball game.

• Like Like x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
    9. illegalmonkey77
      Fine

illegalmonkey77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/20/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Why did they give you antibiotics?? My doctor just gave me flonase and after a couple weeks the fluid was gone.

• Like Like x 1
    10. buzzinfolsom

buzzinfolsom Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @illegalmonkey77 He thinks it will help with the infection.He aslo prescribed 600mg ibuprofen and aske me to take it three times.Its sitting in my shelf.I feel this ACV is doing something since these days during the day T is barely noticable

• Like Like x 1
    11. buzzinfolsom

buzzinfolsom Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @illegalmonkey77 Since we are at the ACV make sure to consume bananas since ACV tends to reduce the pottassium in your blood

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    12. illegalmonkey77
      Fine

illegalmonkey77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/20/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It seems like that's only if you have a lot of it. If we're just doing 2-3 tablespoons a day I don't think that qualifies. On emedicinehealth.com it says:

"Consuming large amounts of apple cider vinegar long-term might lead to problems such as low potassium. There has been one report of a person who developed low potassium levels and weak bones (osteoporosis) after taking 250 mL apple cider vinegar daily for 6 years."

• Like Like x 1
    13. buzzinfolsom

buzzinfolsom Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @illegalmonkey77 I bumped my dose to around 3 tablespoons mixed with water and turmeric and its been giving very good results.I still have T but now i am at a point where i have to listen to it .I want it to go away completely so i can feel silence again

• Like Like x 3
      • Useful Useful x 1
    14. illegalmonkey77
      Fine

illegalmonkey77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/20/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @buzzinfolsom I'm only doing 2 tablespoons still. I might try 3 and see how it goes, but that means bringing some vinegar to work which would be a pain.

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    15. monkey legs

monkey legs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1991 (Low level). Worse Dec 2017 to Now
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear injury (paintball) 1991. 2017 > Onwards Cause? Not sure.
      I suppose its ok to drink it through a straw? That would save the tooth enamel. I have apple cider vinegar. Is it ok to boil tap water and add the ACV to that?

How many teaspoons would you recommend?

Kind Regards.

Chimp.

16. Agrajag364

Agrajag364 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @.bill how long have you had the T for?

17. hans01
      Artistic

hans01 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress, hearing loss, sinus infections, ... ?
      AVC seems to make my bowel an,d stomach irritated, is that normal ? I tried a few days but had to stop. So far what has worked a few times is melatonin at night and 11-12h of sleep with a little bit of Lithium orotate, I had a few very good moments, what's strange is the T wasn't too loud but was still there, but I could cope with it without any issues, sad enough I don't seem to be able to make this stable yet.

18. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      For him, it began in December 2016. You can see this information by hovering your mouse over anyone's username.

• Like Like x 1
    19. anusha
      Buzzed

anusha Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 29 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated eardrum
      Just an update:
      I am drinking apple cider vinegar since 10 days and I feel my T is a little calmer.

Earlier I couldn't sit in a silent room without masking now I can for at least 20-30 mins.

Also, doing pranayama breathing exercies with shunya mudra saw in a YouTube video that it could help lowering tinnitus.
      Same I have been drinking 1-2 times I want to drink 3 times since people with results drank 3times. That means bringing it to work.

Do you drink with empty stomach? And can we eat something like freshener immediately after ACV drink?

After drinking apple cider vinegar I immediately need to have a mouth freshener else I puked a couple of times after having ACV.

20. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You dilute a tablespoon of it in a glass of water, right?

21. illegalmonkey77
      Fine

illegalmonkey77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/20/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I do drink it on an empty stomach and wait at least 10 mins before I eat anything else. Drinking some more water should be fine. I don't use a mint or anything, I just rinse my mouth with water afterwards. I'm also still just doing twice a day and my T is pretty stable. I'm hoping after a month I'll notice more of a change.

• Agree Agree x 1
    22. anusha
      Buzzed

anusha Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 29 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated eardrum
      Yes probably I should use more water. I am not using honey or anything as the author recommended to use it at full strength for better results.

I definitely feel my T is not screeching like before after I started using ACV.

• Like Like x 3
      • Useful Useful x 1
    23. buzzinfolsom

buzzinfolsom Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @anusha what pranayam do you do?Does it help with T?Congrats on conquering your T.Now need to find something to get rid of it.I noticed that the ACV helps in keeping the vol low.Need to find something which will make it go away and incan enjoy some silence.Btw ACV does not cause bad breath but always a good idea to swish your mouth with water so your tooth enamel is not effected.

24. anusha
      Buzzed

anusha Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 29 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated eardrum
      Yes T did not go away and not completely low but lower than before. It is at a point where I am slightly less bothered by its sound. I do not know if its habituation or ACV lowering it. It's a bit confusing unless we see complete results. I could say 10days back I couldn't sit in a room by myself with T.

I think yes. My mom has seen 1st hand results of T lowering on days when she did breathing exercises (pranayam in yoga) She mentioned me as I am at my 2nd month of T to practice breathing exercises regulary. It keeps me calm decreases anxiety due to T and sounds are not crazy but a slow shhhhhhh.

Pranayama - Baba Ramdev

The one where they close ear with thumb finger and put 3 fingers on eyes and breathe is known to lower T and ear problems. I am doing it just since a week or more (everyday). So, can't see instant results but worth giving it a try. It's good for overall health.

New Solution for Tinnitus

• Genius Genius x 1
    25. buzzinfolsom

buzzinfolsom Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @anusha I am going to try doing these.I think its the ACV which is doing lowering it.I am going to try a few things which i read on this site about the neti pot and see i can get some results.Will keep everyone posted.

• Like Like x 1
    26. newbieT

newbieT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      bought some Bragg ACV yesterday. The T do feels lower this morning. Could be working or could be placebo effect. Will keep taking it over the next week and report back

• Like Like x 3
    27. illegalmonkey77
      Fine

illegalmonkey77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/20/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pretty much what happened to me. Overall my T has been a lot better since starting this. Also I think 2 tbps a day is more than fine. It's tough to try and get 3 in but 2 seems to be working well enough. I feel like it is slooooowly, very sliiiiightly getting better.

Yesterday I had a gigantic fleeting flare in my T ear. You know, the usual fleeting things anyone gets, but it was suuuuuper loud! However I ended up actually having one of the quietest evenings so far. Maybe that's evidence of my system reconfiguring itself. I'm definitely going to keep this going until the bottle is gone.

@.bill I know you said elsewhere you kinda had T return or get a bit worse after stopping ACV, and started taking it again, but do you think we will need to take this forever and ever?? Is there a point where we can stop? I suppose it'll be something we all need to experiment with at one point.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      .bill

.bill Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      from ear infection
      @illegalmonkey77 I have stopped every day and doing every other day so far its quiet still. Only time I guess

• Informative Informative x 1
    29. illegalmonkey77
      Fine

illegalmonkey77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/20/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Copied from a post made by @Bill Bauer in another thread:
      "I don't believe T can be just switched off on the spot. People who have recovered, describe a long process of T getting quieter, then louder, then quieter, and so on."

I've been taking the ACV twice a day for almost 3 weeks now and I feel the last few days it doesn't seem to have helped as much. I feel my T has still shown improvement so I'll def continue. Just wanted to update folks and see if anyone else has these inconsistent days on ACV.

I shared Bill Bauer's comment that I saw elsewhere as I feel it's pretty relevant to what I'm noticing. So I'm still holding out hope I can and will get better. Having such quieter days for a bit and then going back to the usual annoyance for a time... it just makes me so eager to just be done with this shit.

• Like Like x 1
    30. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      As I mentioned earlier, my stomach began to hurt after I began drinking a cup of warm water with one table spoon of ACV dissolved in it. I had to switch to just adding it to food. I might have experienced some improvement, and this might be the result of ACV...