Are All My Symptoms Related?

Discussion in 'Support' started by ItsNate101, Dec 21, 2018.

1. ItsNate101

ItsNate101 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Military/Recent major spike unknown
      I know I have already posted before but this is an update, also just want all the help and opinions I can get.

I got so many things going on I cant even remember half of them. So after my sudden spike over the past few weeks more things keep popping up such as hyperacusis, pressure over my whole head. Hard to tell if its my brain or muscles, if I was to guess I would say brain. It seems to be more intense when I'm hearing noise but its not going away, just more intense at times such as me writing this. My head and neck are also really stiff. Even after message therapy.

Vertigo that surprisingly only lasted a few days (it's been about a month).

I have had visual snow my whole life and it's never really bothered me but whatever is going on with me seems to be making that also more intense. I get a flashing blue dot periodically throughout the day.

I can feel my pulse almost everywhere through my head, quite often I can even see it in my vision. If I elevate my heart rate once I start taking deep breaths to calm down I start to get palpitations. Getting out of a bath today triggered that.

I have been to an audiologist and I have no hearing loss. To describe my tinnitus I have a whole factory of noises, most annoying is a loud high pitch that fluctuates by the second with no distinct pattern (left ear). If I put my fingers in my ears I hear a loud thump that is going so fast it's almost vibrating. Possibly blood flow opposed to a heart beat?

Mornings after I get a good sleep it seems these symptoms are not as intense but as the day goes on they slowly get worse. I am going out of my mind trying to find a solution. No family doctor, just a bunch of after hour clinics that have no idea whats going on. Tried a chiro and message therapist and neither made the slightest change. There is more symptoms but these are the main ones.

The only thing that happened to put my body through any sort of trauma was a severe alcohol withdrawal. All this stuff seemed to happen around a week+ after. I have not drunk, smoked since. Been eating healthy taking vitamins and nothing has improved. Anxiety and depression are at an all time low. I have never felt so hopeless.

2. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Hello, Recent research indicates that hearing test used at most audiology clinics and ENTs are extremely inaccurate, they only test for hearing loss within the human voice range, learn more here about hidden hearing loss.

http://hyperacusisfocus.org/innerear/

upload_2018-12-7_17-10-50-png.png

entma18-plack_fig-2-new-png.png

Sensorineural Hearing loss is when cochlear hair cells, their ribbon synapses and audiotory nerve fibers die. Usually from loud noise exposure or ototoxic medication.

Tinnitus is a neurological condition caused by a loss of hearing , just like in phantom limb a sufferer has sensation of a lost limb, or some blind people experience color flashes. The brain has a way to compensate for hearing loss by generating phantom noise which is tinnitus.
      https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4208401/

Tinnitus can also be caused by jaw/neck problems as parts of the jaw share pathways with the auditory brain. Tinnitus seems to be triggered by various factors but hearing loss is almost always the key player

Vertigo occurs when the vestibular system (tubes above the cochlea) are damaged
      it can also result when the auditory nerve is damaged. Read causes here
      https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/ears-nose-and-throat/vertigo

Hyperacusis is confusing, this has not yet been confirmed but their are probably atleast two seperate condtions such as ear pain caused by damage to the inner ear, and loudness discomfort which is still being debated if it's neurological or peripheral.
      https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/new...e_cells_warn_brain_of_damage_to_the_inner_ear

upload_2018-12-21_0-0-54.jpeg

Tinnitus: Ringing in the Brain | Josef...

Based on what you said, you have an unrelated condition called "pulsatile tinnitus" - have a GP check for it.

• Agree Agree x 1