Are Noxacusis/Hyperacusis Sufferers More Susceptible to Developing Meniere's Disease?

Do you think noxacusis/hyperacusis sufferers are more susceptible to developing Meniere's disease?

• Yes

• Maybe

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheDanishGirl

Author
Benefactor
Hall of Fame
May 24, 2017
Denmark
Tinnitus Since
05/2017 (H since 06/2017)
Cause of Tinnitus
long term noise exposure (headphones), maybe some stress.
Yeah, are we?

I've been pretty dizzy today and feeling nauseous in a way I haven't felt at any point during my 3½ years with these conditions. I'm afraid I might be developing Meniere's :(

Christmas Eve yesterday was pretty bad to get through as my ear pain was prominent.

I don't know if the ear pain/noxacusis is the cause of this dizziness.

I've noticed my balance is not what it used to be since my acoustic trauma and definitely worse since hyperacusis/noxacusis. It doesn't affect me much on a day to day basis but I know something is different. I've also had 1-2 occasions behind the wheel in the last few months where I've felt really sick/nauseous all of a sudden but then it passes.

No idea if there's a link to Meniere's or if hearing loss, regardless of cause, causes balance problems?

Pre-hyperacusis, I was always prone to motion sickness since I went on some spinny ride when I was 8 years old. I once had a bout of vertigo from sea-sickness that lasted a week as a teenager. Migraines here and there too, but nothing chronic. My last serious bout of vertigo was in my early 20s during an ear infection. Outside of that? Really nothing.

I recall a week or two after I developed H I did feel a bit off balance. After that though, not so much.

I took a very long drive to move recently. After about a week of being there, I had a horrible, 48-hour battle with vertigo just from rolling over in bed one morning too quickly. Never had that happen to me before.

I'm about 99.5% better now but still have some issues. Not so much balance as sensitivity to light and that sort of thing. I have to be super careful when rolling over in bed though and I am sleeping with a maternity pillow for the time being.

I don't know if it's possible for things in the ears to get knocked out of place and become more out of whack or what. I've been reassured by a few others it was only temporary, but I still can't help but think my rotten ears are to blame.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now