Are Steroid Injections Safe?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Trusty Mutsi, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Trusty Mutsi
      Relaxed

Trusty Mutsi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Infection
      My tinnitus started up a couple months ago. It started as a VERY faint single pitch in my right ear I could only hear in complete silence. Then I started to get a pulsating hiss in the left ear. This was super subtle, but has been building up to where I hear it everywhere. It's not screaming loud, but it's hissing loud enough to always be there. It got bad one sunday morning after playing piano at church. Strangely enough, playing before that never spiked it, but for some reason that morning it did, and it's never calmed down as much as it used to. I also noticed that morning when I look up and to the left, the T gets SUPER loud, and when I look down and to the left, it almost disappears (although when it's at it's worst that won't even do anything).

My ENT says he doesn't think it's from a loud environment. He's found a little hearing loss in the left ear, and believes it's from hearing loss from a viral infection. I personally thought it was a blood pressure thing because I've stopped exercising around the same time the T started and I get winded just walking around.

It just seems to get louder and louder every week. It might be in my head. I try and ignore it and stay calm, but it seems like the more I try to ignore it, the more stressed I get. I tried the "back to silence" method for about 3 days, but constantly saying my emotions out loud just stressed me out. I've also tried using the ringing as my anchor for mindfulness meditation. Nothing seems to help.

Well, my ENT first tried giving me steroids in capsule form, and that did nothing. Next is MRI and Steroid injections. Has anyone has experiences where the injections make it worse? Because that's really the last thing I want or need right now.

Thanks for any feedback!

• Hug Hug x 2