Are There Different Types of Spikes?

Discussion in 'Support' started by amymilly, Aug 13, 2016.

1. amymilly

amymilly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated ear drum
      Since having tinnitus I've experienced a lot of different spikes.

First high pitch noise which I've got 24/7.

Some times my ear goes deaf for a split second. Sometimes accompanied by a stupidly loud scream high pitch noise which fades out. And this humming vibrating feeling.

I've had tinnitus for almost 4 months now.

I had what I believe was a spike a few months ago. I didn't even do or go anywhere for it to happen and I was actually sitting in "silence" when it did. I had the high pitch for about 3-4 days. And before I knew it. Was back to baseline. Now this humming I was having on an off hours at a time.
      Iv now had it constant for 24 hours. Is this another type of spike.

What does a spike actually mean?

I don't do anything for my tinnitus to get worse. I've even started wearing earplugs when hoovering. So why is my tinnitus all over the place. I do not understand. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Uriel

Uriel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, exacerbated by rock concert in 2011
      The ear going muffled or deaf for a moment, and then accompanied by a new tone happens to me. It's quite infrequent, usually comes when hyperacusis is acting up a lot.

3. Kriszti

Kriszti Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/2017/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      That is fleeting tinnitus, it is supposedly "normal", quite commonly happens to people without chronic tinnitus/hyperacusis too. Used to happen to me pre-tinnitus as well, but like couple of times a year. When my tinnitus started and was really unstable, it happened up to 10-15 times a day.

• Agree Agree x 1