Are You Jealous of Other People?

Discussion in 'Support' started by valeri, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Richard Wallace
      Thinking

Richard Wallace Member

I have to be honest and say I envy other people sometimes when I'm driving down the road and seeing them pulling their campers and fishing boats and going out and doing other things. With the T I currently have I also have some pretty bad ear pressure and dizziness to boot. I feel depersonalized and I almost feel like I'm watching a fun filled movie or something when I see these people doing fun stuff and can't join in. Does this sound crazy? God Bless.....Rich

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      @Richard Your right in feeling that way . T sucks the life out of us all
      Hang in there Rich I pray things get better for you bro.

Carlos

3. JohnnyMx
      Sunshine

JohnnyMx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Apr/2013
      Sir, why are you so sure that I don't have a T sound loud enough?...

Here in TT, i constantly find people minimizing others problems, we should stop that. For good.

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. Richard Wallace
      Thinking

Richard Wallace Member

Hi Carlos, thanks for your kind words, and especially your prayers. I'll pray for you too and everyone on this forum.... Your friend.... Rich

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    5. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have literally thousands of friends. I do not mean acquaintances. I mean real friends. I know that others will think that an exaggeration or wishful thinking but I'm talking about close friends here. I cannot think of a single person among them that I could say has good health. Except for most of the children among them but even some of them have things like Spina bifida, Crohn's disease and some serious allergies. So as far as I can tell everyone is coping with serious issues. And some whose health issues seem fairly minor are coping with things like elderly parents and partners with debilitating illnesses requiring care. And no there is nothing in the water here where I live - it's called the sick state of mankind and the poisoning and destruction of the world we live in.
      Happy thoughts huh? :LOL: Even people who at one time I may have felt a little envious of, turns out they've been struggling for years with serious health issues but they do not whine about it and try to do things to help others - even those with less problems than they have themselves! This seems to be part of the secret of being happy despite your own worries.

6. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      :beeranimation:

7. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      Sure, everybody is coping with sth, but not everybody is coping with debilitating ilnesses like a mad noise in the head. I envy even my old , careless me. All my friends have their lists of issues too, but nothing that stops them from living their life fully, which is not my case. But globally I don't spend time comparing to others, just want my old self back and that would be fine.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Winner Winner x 1
    8. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I agree there is no rest there is no escape from tinnitus you cant take a pill for some relief. The worst kind of tinnitus has no good days so one is in agony 24/7.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      I just assumed that you were functional and happy as you are able to raise a family. Your post sounds like you are doing well, maybe I read it wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      He probably said that because generally speaking, nobody feels privellaged having catastrophic tinnitus, so your statement kind of minimizes suffering, but whatever, its not like convincing you otherwise will improve my suffering...its just a little annoying to read for some of us, but not as annoying as having severe tinnitus.
      So the reasoning is if you feel "privellaged" then your tinnitus must not be catastrophic.
      How loud does it have to be to be catastrophic?, varies from person to person, but generally it is easily heard over anything and cannot be masked- if thats you-congratulations on your miraculous recovery.