Are You Kidding Me...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Geo, Feb 4, 2015.

1. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I think you are talking about "reactive" tinnitus here...a form of H.

Just noticed a perfect example of how common the spreading thing is - in the tinnitus and masturbation thread (ignore the masturbation part, it does not matter the cause ):
      In my case , when I first started I also noticed just a little morse code that was hardly there, just in the background and couldn't even hear it until I put my finger over ear to listen. I didn't relate mine to mastubation, so continued .... Until white noise came , then the other ear.... And now it's multiple tones in each.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      @dan then i believe i have a form of reactive t because of my spikes.. my t spiked again like 30 minutes ago it is on fire again..does this T sound normal to you? what happened i was walking by the hall and when i past my brother room i heard the tv thru his closed door it was a little loud but not super loud but yeah it got me again its this type of things that are getting to me i cant even find comfort in my own home.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      @dan kinda i would kinda hear that but not frequent ..im getting kinda worried now..so ur saying that tone is related to why the tinnitus jumps to the other ear?

4. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I dont want to worry you. I was just explaining tinnitus theory And terminology in general.
      It is very strange that a tv sound in another room will spike tinnitus, but I am not dismissing any possibility when it comes to tinnitus, you have to make your own conclusions based on what you observe.
      I did not say that any specific tone causes tinnitus to migrate, I was saying that it is not unheard of. It is the action of the brain. Look I am not here to tell you how to overcome tinnitus, I just have some knowledge about the mechanisms of tinnitus. I will leave the advice to other people who have succeeded.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      @dan yeah man it went up its crazy how my t is acting like how the bus situation early on the day too..i cant explain it either..but i hear my t and its crazy what these past 2 months has done to my life after over 2+ years with T...

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      @dan i appreciate the understanding... thanks.....

7. Vincent R
      Caffeine

Vincent R Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Geo,

the way your T acts makes no sense, but I guess medical problems doesn't have to. For the time beeing, maybe you should make sure to get protection so you can get through the days without those spikes. Earplugs alone won't cut it. I'd also buy bose noise cancelling headphones. They make the world go fairly silent. I usually wear them when I go into town and stuff.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      @Vincent R i know man tell me about it. i dont know why its acting like this it.in the past when it spiked after a day or two of pain and aches it would habituate pretty quick...might be because i had some unfortunate events on how my my pas spikes have happened.no other explanation..i even told my ent that my ear(or brain) has a mind of its own...and my H is really bad lately just someone talking to me hurts my ears..

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      I had noise canceling headphones the bose ones, i would use them for the gym before my T got this bad..earplugs dont even work on me,im pretty sure it has to do with my H..ive only had once before my 2+ years with T and it lasted 2 months this time im not sure how much itll last..

10. Vincent R
      Caffeine

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Earplugs ain't enough for me either. I have to skip out an everything noisy, and then use earplugs AND noise cancellation earphones just to do normal stuff. I'll have a book published this spring and I'll actually carry that shit when I represent the book on different events. I don't care just how dumb I look, I can't allow the T to get any worse. I know the doctors says you should expose yourself to sound, but pushing your body when it says no is the last thing I'll try.

I defenitly believe that once your body has picked up a medical problem it can develop all on it's own. Unless you heal it, but T can't be healed. Guess you'll just have to rest yourself and your ears as much as you can, and then wait and see. Eventually, the H should start to settle. Time and your bodies natural ability to deal with strain is your best bet. And like the others says: hang in there.

11. Vincent R
      Caffeine

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
    12. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      Watch those low pitched sounds. They'll get you via bone conduction. I wear a hat, scarf, and put my coat collar up as baffles - there are a lot of trucks and plows in my town.

• Helpful Helpful x 1