Arrhythmias & SVT, Must Use Medication, Is Causing Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by linhei, Dec 1, 2016.

1. linhei

linhei Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I have had Tinnitus for years that I have not really found the cause for. I suspected it was atenolol.

The diagnosis seems to be missing still, I have assumed some meds to be culprit. None of my regular Dr.'s ever really agree what drugs are ototoxic. (Endocrinologist, rheumatologist, primary, gastroenterologist.) I tried to get a reason/diagnosis and went the route of ENTs and hearing docs, audiologists. I only have some low frequency hearing loss, (thankfully!), not enough to do anything about.

I do take quite a few meds for autoimmune disease and arthritis. I stay away from NSAIDs as much as possible, and never narrowed down which med was to blame though I came to my own conclusion very recently that it is the heart meds.

I believe it's due to beta blockers I have taken for 20+ for Arrhythmia. I have in the last few years also developed SVT's so I have been switched from beta blockers to calcium channel blockers which work better on svt but even worse tinnitus (if possible!).

I recently have tried with same/worsening tinnitus on:
      Atenolol 25 mg,
      Toprol XL 25mg
      Metoprolol ER succinate 50mg
      Metoprolol tartrate 100mg,
      Diltiazem CD 120 mg
      Furosemide 20mg,
      Hydrochlorothiazide 25mg

QUESTION: HAS ANYONE TRIED A BETA OR CALCIUM CHANNEL BLOCKER THAT DOES NOT CAUSE/WORSEN TINNITUS?