ARTORG Center for Biomedical Engineering (Switzerland) — Tinnitus Study

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Ecip, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      The ARTORG Center for Biomedical Engineering in Bern, Switzerland, is running a Tinnitus study to understand the relationship between brain activity and tinnitus in order to find new procedures to identify tinnitus in patients. There is currently no standard diagnostic strategy for the detection of tinnitus.

The study consists of two sessions:

Session 1 (approx 1 hr): Test whether one is capable to suppress tinnitus for 30 to 60 seconds using residual inhibition.
      Session 2 (approx 2.5 hr): Measure and record brain activity via EEG of both individuals with and without tinnitus.

I have been accepted for Session 1 of the study. I will be traveling to Bern on November 30th to see if I get approved for Session 2. This is not a trial for a treatment, but it gives me a chance to contribute a little, and hopefully this research will help in the future.

Individuals interested in taking part in the study please navigate to the following website:
      http://www.artorg.unibe.ch/research/hrl/tinnitus_studie/index_eng.html

Dr. Wilhelm Wimmer
      Phone
      +41 31 632 87 89
      E-Mail-Address
      wilhelm.wimmer@artorg.unibe.ch
      ARTORG Center
      Hearing Research Laboratory
      Murtenstrasse 50
      3008 Bern, Switzerland

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Wow so simply saying you have tinnitus isn't good enough, what in the world? Next test should be to prove the world and everyone in it isn't just a figment of my imagination.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1