As Soon As I Thought It Was Going Away...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Lessico, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Lessico
      Scared

Lessico Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax, headphone user, i don't know
      It came back two times stronger. I had tinnitus years ago for three days after exposure to loud noises. It went away after 3 days leaving a small trail. I lived in peace since then.

This July I found people compalining over this tinnitus thing, I checked the translation to my language and "oh look I had it". I concentrated and found the little remain. "Well at least it's not an issue". I use headphones when I play computer games but I always keep the sound very low so I never had many problema.

Until last tuesday I did not care too much about it, then suddenly it started: I was about to shut down my pc when all in a sudden I noticed the noise on my left ear. I knew it wasn't something that was going to fade in seconds. I had a bad night, the following day I went to my GP and then the ER who found a lot of eareax in both ears. I had ear wax removal in 2 days, I was given ear drops for the left ear. I tried to keep playing my games with even lower volume.

Yesterday it was the first time I managed to sleep well, I was so happy to see it was slowly going down. I kept playing with lower volume but today it spiked... in the other eat.

Now it might be even worse than before, I am using a hairdryer to mask it at the moment. Is it normal? What should I do? No more headphones? Should I go back to the audiologist (even though he did not comment on my T)?

2. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      no more headphones for sure, no hairdryer or noisy sounds/places.

Wear ear protection in noisy places

give your ears a rest for a few months,

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lessico
      Scared

Lessico Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I will. The shower noise from the player made me sleep very well and now it has gone down a lot thankfully.

4. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      good -don't worry about your T so much now, its just a symptom of inner ear injury due to noise.

You need to worry about noise

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lessico
      Scared

Lessico Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't think it is mainly because of noise damage as I had inflammation due to the ear wax build up. This leaves me a little hope.
      Nevertheless I will avoid noise from now on.