Astonished People Take Risks Post Tinnitus Remission

Discussion in 'Support' started by mrbrightside614, Feb 2, 2020.

1. MRItechssuck
      Disappointed

MRItechssuck Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Severe 10/17/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise, MRI
      Do earplugs help with the hyperacusis?

2. Christopher805

Christopher805 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neomycin
      Sorry just seeing your response. I took 3 days worth. 2 pills per day. Each pill 500mg. Never got close to the 14 day prescription. Others take the whole course no problem. Me slammed. The prescription stated tinnitus rare. Did some research, almost million people per year are negatively affected by amino glycosides, which is the class that neomycin fall under. I am sorry for your super pain with hyperacusis. Hyperacusis sucks. I was told not to use earplugs as they would make things worse. It’s so confusing. You know what’s crazy I hate having anything in my ears even plugs.

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. Orions Pain
      Sad

Orions Pain Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I avoid loud areas completely but on the occasions I have gone out for a couple bday celebrations I’ve worn ear plugs. They definitely help!

• Like Like x 1
    4. MRItechssuck
      Disappointed

MRItechssuck Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Severe 10/17/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise, MRI
      At work I wear earplugs all day for my pain hyperacusis... which makes communication difficult.

5. Sevv

Sevv Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      As for me who had remission of H (mostly) and was used to mild T and now has a setback, it was social expectance who drove me to the small village carnival (I was being cautious, but not enough as I should have) and then the fun let me forget the risk of spontaneous excessive noise (I was only protecting against predictable noise, but didn't think of unpredictable noise).
      This is actually pretty much the same thing as what gave me my initial T. I am a very social person who has always had difficulty to live out this aspect of myself - I used to be very shy. So when I was at the concert that gave me T I felt so much at home and finally being at a place I had always wanted to be that I didn't think about the risk of T (I was expecting a bit of hearing damage, but not T). Carnival was similar. So the only thing I can learn is that fun makes me forget risks, and I have to screen for situations in which I might forget risks and avoid them alltogether.