Attending Concerts without Earplugs — Tinnitus Since 2016: Hello, I'm New Here!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Gentle_Ben, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Gentle_Ben

Gentle_Ben Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Attending concerts without ear plugs
      Greetings All!

I came across this great community last night when my tinnitus spiked big time.

I’ve had tinnitus since around 2016 due to going to too many gigs without protecting my ears.

I usually cope pretty well with the ringing and have a good relationship with it.
      But last night when talking to the wife, something new happened. When I raised my voice a bit, I would hear a distorted version of my voice - it was bizarre. It kept happening so much, I was afraid to speak Then because I was thinking about it so much, the tinnitus turned into a loud buzzing!!!!!

So I took refuge in this community. After reading through the wonderful Support category, it managed to relax me. The buzzing was still there after showering, getting ready for bed etc. But when I woke up this morning, the buzzing was gone and my tinnitus is back to a steady ring which I can handle daily.

Thanks for listening and for welcoming me!!

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Good to know that your tinnitus is back to baseline. Sometimes, because of elevated stress we trigger something in the brain neurons that cause them to fire up. When the stress is reduced, the spike may soften up. This may be the case as reading the support forum relaxes you and help your stress level to go down. If this pattern continues, then it is best to try to relax and be positive that if you can keep stress level down, then you will be ok. Try to take things easy; do some relaxing activities or exercises, or pursuing a new hobby, learn stretching or yoga exercises etc. Anything that can help to relax your nerves will be helpful. Take care. God bless.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Star64
      Kick ass

Star64 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hi Ben,

Welcome to Tinnitus Talk :)

I am glad you found the support thread helpful, sometimes things like what you experienced can occur and it can be quite daunting for us.

Tinnitus spikes for a lot of us for reasons unknown, for others it can be due to noise exposure, certain foods, medications, stress etc, etc.

I am happy that your tinnitus has returned to its baseline quickly, and that you are otherwise coping well. :huganimation:

• Agree Agree x 1