AudiSpray Reduced the Volume of My Tinnitus Significantly

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by wocaonima, Jun 8, 2020.

1. wocaonima

wocaonima Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold
      I've had tinnitus in my right ear for 7 months now after a cold. Just thought about trying AudiSpray and instantly it reduced the volume of my tinnitus from 3-4/10 to 0.5-1/10. Have not enjoyed this much silence for such a long time...

The liquid is still in my ear and I just hope the volume of my tinnitus stays the same after I got it out after 30 minutes...

EDIT: Unfortunately as soon as I got the liquid out, the volume of my tinnitus returned to the baseline level... :(

• Informative Informative x 3
    2. Kam75

Kam75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced trauma in 2014 and 2019+ototoxic drug in 2020
      :(

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      wocaonima

wocaonima Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold
      I wonder if this works for anyone else and I wonder why this is the case?

When having ear full of (wax cleaning) liquid, if I lie down/lean my head against my other shoulder so that the liquid touches my ear drum completely, the ringing stops/decreases to a minimum level so that I can't hear it. The difference is huge as the ringing clearly starts again when I raise my head.

I also noticed that I could reduce the volume of my tinnitus significantly (almost similar effect as getting my ear full of liquid) by doing the Valsalva manoeuvre/blowing air into my ears to the fullest..

I wonder what the mechanism/problem is?

4. Ramòn

Ramòn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      15/04/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Desconocido
      Hi! The same thing happens to me both with the liquid and the maneuver.

I have been trying to guess that riddle for 3 years, it also happens to me that if I hang upside down (with my head out of bed) as the blood pressure in my head increases / my ears also decrease / almost disappear until I get back on my feet.

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      wocaonima

wocaonima Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold
      @Ramòn 3 years already?! I guess my tinnitus won’t just resolve on its own then. I noticed that the cause of your tinnitus is “unknown”, I wonder if you also had crackling/clicking sounds in your ear? I have recently tried the Neti-Pot which lowered my tinnitus significantly and got rid of the crackling/clicking sounds. So if you have not tried it, I think it might also help you with your tinnitus.

• Informative Informative x 1
    6. Ramòn

Ramòn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      15/04/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Desconocido
      well even if we have the same symptoms, in tinnitus, you never know. The same you heal and I don't not from. (hopefully it is both, xD) yes! the clicks when swallowing also had them and from time to time it happens again. I think it is related to the tension of the palate veil ... but it is another riddle.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      wocaonima

wocaonima Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold
      @Ramòn For the crackling/clicking sounds when swallowing, I also suspected Tonic tensor tympani syndrome at first, but since using a Neti-pot got rid of them all, I guess they are more related to Eustachian tube dysfunction then...like you said, in tinnitus, you never know..

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      Probably so.
      Soft palate. Many things can cause this. Tongue control is needed and keeping lower jaw not push forward with maintaining air space between teeth. Sometimes a very thin soft upper mouth piece where edges are very smooth and don't touch your hard palate will help. Forward head posture often will make problem worse. Sometimes salvia gland are overactive because of this.

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    10. Ramòn

Ramòn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      15/04/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Desconocido
      yes, if we already know what the audispray is for, what happens to us is that when we introduce liquid into the ear canal and it contacts the tympanum, the tinnitus stops, until you sit up and leave the ear
      it does not matter the liquid that is introduced.

• Like Like x 2
    11. Ramòn

Ramòn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      15/04/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Desconocido
      I agree with you, I also believe that there must be something related to the pressures of the eustachian tube, that's why I told you about the palate because those muscles are related by proximity. I will try the net-pot having that happens and I will tell you. On the other hand, I think it can also be a structural problem, that is, the tympanum or the tensor tympano muscle are distended and do not work correctly, which in turn would also influence the pressures, but I think that a process is needed More complex and aggressive to solve this, such as, for example, the ventilation pipes, and I am not just saying this to help with the pressures, but also to produce a change in the tympanum in some way.

• Genius Genius x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      wocaonima

wocaonima Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold
      @Contrast Don’t be so ignorant, I explained it already. Now I completely understand why so many people on this forum ignore you. For your information, of course I know AudiSpray is an ear hygiene product, I tried AudiSpray first to remove wax in my ear, not to reduce T. Then I realised that when the liquid is in my ear, my T disappears completely. That’s why I thought AudiSpray could reduce my T, due to dissolving ear wax. But as soon as I get the liquid out, the volume of my tinnitus returns to the same level. I then discovered that any liquid, even water, could do the same thing for my T. I guess it might have something more to do with pressure changes in the ear, which affects the T.

• Informative Informative x 1
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      wocaonima

wocaonima Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold
      @Ramòn Also I notice that if I yawn involuntarily when I am really tired, tinnitus is so much louder in my ear. Does this happen to you also?

14. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      You figured out your own problem (about the pressure). I never said anything derogatory about them, just a general description.

15. Ramòn

Ramòn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      15/04/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Desconocido
      The problem was not the product or its description, but the message you wrote, you seemed to treat us as if we were ignorant, that we don't even know how to read; as if we had no common sense. I have read in this forum countless nonsense that people do, aluminum in the ears, plugs with animal fat, eating algae that have cilia... and listen to me, I am not like that, I have studied medicine and I use too much logic for everything... (I also tell you I would put an antenna on my head if I removed the damn beep, but we know that that will not happen... or if? xD) anyway I know that you have not done it in that intention. Greetings :)

• Like Like x 1
    16. Ramòn

Ramòn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      15/04/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Desconocido
      If it also happens to me I notice as if something is tensed in the ear and the sound increases. Although many people refer to this I think it is different, because it happened to me before tinnitus but now it is different. Hard to explain. Certainly a question, as your tinnitus sounds, is an endless piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii or it is choppy like two tones.

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      wocaonima

wocaonima Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold
      @Ramòn My tinnitus is only one tone, like the endless piiiiiii. How about your tinnitus?

Also, is there anything wrong with your nose/sinus? My tinnitus started after I caught a cold, and my Eustachian tubes were swollen. I developed nonallergic rhinitis at the time my tinnitus came, so I experience one-sided nose blockage everyday, especially when I sleep. When I used EarPopper for the first time, after the air went into my ear from my nostril, I felt like something was pushed back by the air, and my tinnitus was reduced. Then using a neti-pot has also helped me reduce my tinnitus, so I suspect my tinnitus might be related to my nasal passages. After all, ear, nose and throat is all connected.

18. Sonic17
      Wishful

Sonic17 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ? neck injury/unknown
      I was thinking of trying the EarPopper, was not sure if it was a scam or not.

19. Racehorse

Racehorse Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic
      The ‘clicking’ when you swallow is thick mucus in your eustachian tubes. Most likely caused by a cold. Up to 3 months after cold to go away.

20. jacksprat

jacksprat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      aspirin overdose
      I used to lie on my side & put peroxide in my ear with Q-tips. It seemed to help & then it stopped helping.