Augmentin Antibiotic and Tinnitus Spike

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nati, Feb 27, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Nati

Nati Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      who knows...
      Never posted here before but I got a bit scared and I need some positive hope.

My tinnitus started 3 and a half month ago due to some unknown viral thing.. I did an mri and a hearing test which showed nothing so a carried on with my life till I felt sick again, went to a private ent who watched the mri again (1.5 month later) and saw a sinus infection that everyone else had miss. He perscribe me with augmentin 875 mg twice a day for 10 days. Im about half way into the treatment and I feel like my tinnitus is spiking!! I also have bad stomach in the mornings.. What should
      I do?! Is the spike temporary? It seems like every time I manage to get used to it somthing change and I need to start all over again.. It's making me tired and sad..
    2. mandi

mandi Member Benefactor

West Michigan
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      @Nati Did the spike go down? Did the sinus infection get dealt with? Are you doing better?