Aural Fullness Eases My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by brownbear, Sep 27, 2016.

1. brownbear

brownbear Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden sensorineural hearing loss ? cochlear hydrops
      I have a strange pattern to my tinnitus. Almost every time I get an increase in the feeling of fullness in my left ear this is followed by many hours of a reduction in my tinnitus. I'm curious to know if anyone else has noticed this? The cause of my tinnitus is a sudden sensorineural hearing loss about 2 and half months ago.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. Backpacker

Backpacker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL
      Sorry, I didn't want to bump the MPP thread with more of my detailed questions. If you don't mind me asking, what was the cause of your SSHL? Are you sure you have/had cochlear hydrops and what caused it if you know? Do you ever have dizzines/off balance feelings? I am not asking because you are a doctor, I am asking because I had SSHL in one ear with stream like hiss and some lower noise. And low hum developed in my "good ear" months later "for no apparent reason", but that low hum is not a tone, it's like low vibration.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      brownbear

brownbear Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden sensorineural hearing loss ? cochlear hydrops
      Hi @Backpacker. I am now pretty sure the cause of my SSNHL was a virus as I have not had ongoing symptoms in keeping with hydrops. I've never had any balance problems. I also have no idea why I have now developed a low hum/vibration in my good ear but certainly finding it disconcerting. It is a totally different kind of sound to the rest of my tinnitus but is easily masked so I have been finding myself avoiding quiet again for the first time in a couple of years.

• Informative Informative x 1
    4. Backpacker

Backpacker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL