Autoimmune Disease: Do You Have One?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nic One Ear, Nov 1, 2014.

?

Do You Have an Autoimmune Disease?

1. Yes (specify which in comments)

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Nic One Ear

Nic One Ear Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Can I ask how many of us have an auto-immune disease or condition, and what they might be? Noticing even in a brief chat that many of us have existing or simultaneous conditions along with tinnitus.

2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hypothyroid.

• Informative Informative x 1
    3. Poll added at the top of the thread.

4. Ross Ferguson

Ross Ferguson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2014
      Hi all. I fit into this category and have a condition called Ankylosing Spondylitis.

5. dboy
      Jaded

dboy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2007 & 8/2013
      I was also diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis aged about 27 (now 44). About three yrs ago diagnosis seemed to change to psoriatic arthritis (a related condition), which seems closer to how my symptoms have developed over the years.

6. frohike
      Approved

frohike Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Ankylosing spondylitis. Started at 19, stopped at 38 (no symptoms).

• Like Like x 1
    7. Ross Ferguson

Ross Ferguson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2014
      Make me wonder whether AS and tinnitus is perhaps linked. 3 in a row is definitely a trend!

• Like Like x 1
    8. nogood
      Procrastinating

nogood Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity/infection
      I dono wht the heck it is.. but definitely some sort of inflammation related issue..

9. bwspot

bwspot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/13/2014
      I had my blood test done this week and today I found out that I have some thyroid antibodies.
      My body wants to scream and freak out but I know I cannot let this happen.
      It is sad that with all the hard work I put in exercising and diet in last 7 years (I did fasting and clean foods diet) now I have to deal with this new thing. I plan to see Holistic doctor as I dont want to be depended on any drugs. I hope this can be fixed although internet says once the antibodies genes are switched on it is game over. I asked Dr. Nagler if this could cause my T, but he things that most of the time this stuff is not related to T.
      So my nightmare continues. I was planning to be in great shape when I reach 40 but it seems like I will be a wrack soon.

• Like Like x 1
    10. Chelles
      Balanced

Chelles Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Graves' disease since I was 14.

11. Barbara777

Barbara777 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2015
      Hashimoto's thyroiditis

12. mexigrl64
      Frustrated

mexigrl64 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/30/2000
      I was diagnosed with M.S. in 2000 and my hyperacusis was an early symptom. Tinnitus has been there the whole time but not a bother until about 2 months ago.

13. ruben ruiz

ruben ruiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe it was meds and stress
      Hashimoto's thyroiditis. Also I wonder about T and H. Our brain is looking for something (frequencies)
      it cant find it so it makes up the sound. Sounds like Autoimmune in a way. Also T is called a secondary neuropathy.

• Like Like x 1
    14. Zwraven

Zwraven Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Auditory Nerve Damage
      I know this is an old theead, but I have H and T and my doctor is sending me to a rheumatologist to investigate possible lupus or sjogren's. Has anyone taken Plaquenil, it can rarely cause Tinnitus and hearing loss but is the gold standard for many autoimmune conditions.

15. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      Hashi detected 9 years ago. The problem is many people have no idea they have any autoimmune disease cause many of them don't manifest until they are very advanced. Few people go to doctors asking to check antibodies of various organs, even fewer doctors offer it. I've been studying the topic for a long while . Most people who have one autoagressive disease, will develop another. For now I don't find any connections with tinnitus but I smell there might be one.

16. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      I have Autoimmune ,with tinnitus I have Mal de Debarquement rocking / swaying motion ,I've had bloods done for Thyroid Peroxidase ,which came back high ,but now had a further NHS thyroid done ,but came back okay ,so how come the antibodies were high ,but test came back okay .Any thoughts ? Im now looking at Lyme disease as its base cause to my health issues ,as Id gotten a bite 3 months prior to my health issues beginning .

17. Marlene
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      BWSPOT ,you sound like myself ,what other health issues have you noticed if any ?

18. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      @Marlene

My sister also has Mal Debarquement disease, as well as T for 35 years now.

19. Marlene
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Hi Sailboardman ,my so many of us out there ,what with this. MAV and the rest of the balances ,35 yrs your sister ,WOW to that time length ,Im so sorry for her having it that long ,does she have tinnitus ? I look on these equally in the misery they cause daily ,having them .Im going into year 5 with Mdds ,that's far to long for me .The only good thing for me having Mdds is you don't register it when driving ,only time I don't feel it .Drs say the brain is the organ they don't understand out of all our body makeup .Not wrong there .My movements on terra firma totally off kilter ,like Im on a trampoline ,or on sponge ,weird feeling altogether.How did your sister say hers began ,if she can remember that far back ,most of us do or what they were doing prior to onset .I get silent migraines due to allergies brought on by autoimmune .Im in touch with Steven Blow he's helping me with anxiety all this has brought forth ,he's got his own web site. Worth a view if anyone gets anxiety ,he's got free download books if any one interested .
      Not been on TT for a while ,had a break ,but interesting this autoimmune has come up ,since I've got back on .
      Regards Marlene

20. Ash

Ash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hypotyroidism
      Hasimoto