Azithromycin and Doxycycline Advice

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jamal, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Jamal

Jamal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/08
      Hey guys, been suffering from tinnitus for about 8 years now, recently I have been diagnosed with a Clamydia infection and the only way to treat it is by Azithromycin and Doxycycline and I heard that they both can cause spikes in tinnitus.

I was prescribed Azithromycin 2 tablets 500mg each=1g to take orally only just once and I'm really worried about causing a spike.

Can anyone share their thoughts with the experience of this antibiotic.

2. Elinor
      No Mood

Elinor Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure and barotrauma
      Amoxicillin is also used to treat the infection and is one of the safest antibiotics for tinnitus sufferers. Amoxicillin is commonly given to pregnant women with chlamydia.

Explain your situation and ask for a one week course of amoxicillin instead. It's much more safer.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jamal

Jamal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/08
      Thanks Elinor, I explained this to my doctor about using Amoxicillin and i heard it treats the condition very well, but it seems doctors are to stubborn to even listen to us tinnitus sufferers and what we go through, I've been on amoxicillin many times before and it never gave me an issue, all i keep getting from these docs is that azithromycin and doxycycline are the only way to treat it and I heard About the side effects they can have, but im no doctor to say