Bad Day

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jason Goodwin, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Jason Goodwin
      Batty

Jason Goodwin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      23/11/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Tapering off an SSRI
      Hi All,

I am feeling worse and getting really depressed, starting to struggle with work and everyday living.

I feel I have suffered enough in my life and this is just the icing on the cake to totally bring me down.

I have to keep going for my family.

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Your reaction is quite normal among new T sufferers. Your T being so new you never can rule out that it may disappear or fade, particularly if there is a medical cause to it. Do you know what caused your T? Perhaps post more detail about your T so we have more info to help advise you. Yes, if anything, keep going for the family. I did that too during my worst time with ultra high pitch dog whistle T and severe hyperacusis. It was a total mess and every day was a tough struggle. But today I live a normal and absolutely enjoyable life. Just came back from vacation in Hawaii with a blast there. But during the worst time, this T bully was telling me I had no future with no prospect of good life again. What a lie!. Here is my success story which may help you. Try to read as many stories as you can to cheer yourself up and to learn some helpful strategies. I list quite a few that have helped me. Take good care. God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/from-darkness-to-light-how-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

3. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      @Jason Goodwin ,
      I'm sorry you are suffering so greatly. What is your background with tinnitus? Do you know if you have hearing loss and have you visited an audiologist or ENT?
      I lost all hearing in one ear when my tinnitus started in 2013. I was so panicked and depressed in the beginning, I did not want to live anymore. I know what you are going through.
      Hang in there, Jason. You are not alone.